• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I bought a RRA HBAR complete upper off the MDS classifieds about a year ago for $250 and I swear that thing is far more accurate that I ever will be. Best buy I've made. I dont know the date of manufacture.

Awesome- thanks for the reply

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    I never thought finding an upper would be such a pita. Between limited due to heavy barreled restrictions , or not wanting a junk upper, or just plain old out of stock, I may be stuck with just a complete lower for a while.

Aero precision uppers with a heavy 16 inch mid length gas gun can be found, but buy the time you buy the bcg ( a reputable one) and charging handle, you’re spending rra upper money or damn near sale priced lwrc uppers.

I like the coyote upper that rra has, but want a mid length gas system. The mid length offerings they have are 18 inch barrels. I’m probably nit picking at this point though lol.

Rant over

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I never thought finding an upper would be such a pita. Between limited due to heavy barreled restrictions , or not wanting a junk upper, or just plain old out of stock, I may be stuck with just a complete lower for a while.

Aero precision uppers with a heavy 16 inch mid length gas gun can be found, but buy the time you buy the bcg ( a reputable one) and charging handle, you’re spending rra upper money or damn near sale priced lwrc uppers.

I like the coyote upper that rra has, but want a mid length gas system. The mid length offerings they have are 18 inch barrels. I’m probably nit picking at this point though lol.

Rant over

You can try calling them to see if they’ll make a custom combo, as they can make uppers that aren’t listed on their website. I wanted a certain 10.5” upper configuration that wasn’t listed on their website to go with a RRA SBR lower I’ve been sitting on and they were happy to accommodate with just a phone call.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    You can try calling them to see if they’ll make a custom combo, as they can make uppers that aren’t listed on their website. I wanted a certain 10.5” upper configuration that wasn’t listed on their website to go with a RRA SBR lower I’ve been sitting on and they were happy to accommodate with just a phone call.
    Didn’t know that was an option. Did they charge you a bunch more dollars to accommodate?

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I am actually looking at getting a complete RRA gun for my next AR .. I found the RRage 3G, seems to be a good fit and decent price
    15_DS1700.png

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Didn’t know that was an option. Did they charge you a bunch more dollars to accommodate?

Nope only the cost of the parts, there wasn’t an upcharge for the ‘custom’ order. I didn’t ask for anything too crazy though but if you know exactly what combo you’d want I’d try calling and see if they can make it happen.

WildWeasel

Mar 31, 2019
    MI>FL>MD
    Nope only the cost of the parts, there wasn’t an upcharge for the ‘custom’ order. I didn’t ask for anything too crazy though but if you know exactly what combo you’d want I’d try calling and see if they can make it happen.

You might be able to find a dealer who can do it for you at a discount. I never ordered custom, but I worked with one in FL a few times, and he'd get the parts to me for about 40% off MSRP. Granted, this was pre-wuflu...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think that’s a lightweight profile barrel. They don’t give a lot of detail though. I’d check with them first unless you’re out of state.
    They are well versed on Md regs. I doubt they would ship a non compliant whole gun to Merryland, besides, the barrel below the brake looks like an Hbar.

cb1980

Jul 25, 2016
    I think that’s a lightweight profile barrel. They don’t give a lot of detail though. I’d check with them first unless you’re out of state.

I am not and i am going to have to double check, was looking at a few RRA guns last night and I swore this one had hbar but looking at the description now, it is pretty generic

JohnC

May 29, 2019
    Baltimore, MD
    Somewhat dredging up this thread, but I ordered an HBAR upper from them last week- nothing but silence since the order. I get the feeling this is standard practice for RRA based on google, but anyone have an idea what their lead time might be these days? I'm perfectly fine waiting but a timeframe would be nice.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    Haven't purchased from them since pandemic, but they were never great with communications or speedy. On the flip side still good quality stuff that does arrive in time.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Somewhat dredging up this thread, but I ordered an HBAR upper from them last week- nothing but silence since the order. I get the feeling this is standard practice for RRA based on google, but anyone have an idea what their lead time might be these days? I'm perfectly fine waiting but a timeframe would be nice.

I emailed them about an upper and got a reply 3 days later saying it was out of stock and they didn’t provide a lead time. I ended up not placing the order since I have no idea when it would arrive.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia

I made a custom upper order from them in April I think it was, took about 1.5/2 weeks to ship.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    Spoke with someone today before placing an order. Got through to customer service quickly and their lead time is currently 90 days on average.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom