• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Simply put Ineed at least one pair of front and rear sights, but dang it everything seems to be out of stock. I want front flip up sights like magpul MBUs style but not plastic. Anyone have a lead or recommendations? Ive looked on Brownells and primary arms and nothing in stock

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I'm guessing you mean for an AR rifle. Check with Atlantic Guns, South Carroll Sporting Goods or any other gun store local to you. If you're confined to online, check Amazon...they list a number of types in stock.

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    I'm guessing you mean for an AR rifle. Check with Atlantic Guns, South Carroll Sporting Goods or any other gun store local to you. If you're confined to online, check Amazon...they list a number of types in stock.

I didn’t think about getting direct from Brian at SCSG. I’ll have to see what he has in stock. Yes this is for an AR. It’s for a Delton I purchased from him almost a year ago.

jamesp15

Jul 16, 2018
    Southern PG
    I like those but can’t seem to find someone that has both front and rear in stock. I’m afraid of amazon and eBay, way way too many fakes.

Items that "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com." are generally a safe bet. It should say that right under the add to cart button group.

And if you get a fake Amazon will take them right back with no return shipping costs to you. Have had to it once in a few thousand orders, was painless other than the initial disappointment lol

Also on Amazon are "Ozark Armament" ones, I have a friend who has a set and likes them. But to me they feel "cheap" but "look" decent.

If your military or ex, check the AAFES on Andrews (and probably Meade and Belvoir) they have the MBUS Pro's there as well as the plastic MBUS's. Andrews had a few sets in stock yesterday (Wednesday) Belvoir and Meade also sell firearms and accessories and should have them.

Surt

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2019
    There are metal Magpul MBUS sights too, the MBUS Pro line.
    https://magpul.com/firearm-accessories/sights/mbus-pro.html

I prefer the plastic ones myself though.

The POLYMER (Magpul products are not plastic, which is a long-chain polymer) sights are all I use on my guns and I ride my gear pretty hard. I have even had a few ARs in the past where I used MBUSs as the only sights on them, and it's nice that they're so light weight and fold down when being transported.

I understand why they put out the "pro" line, a lot of people don't trust polymer and why not make something different you get to charge more for to capitalize on that? But the fact remains that for 99.9% of AR shooters out there the polymer MBUSs are absolutely adequate for their needs.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013
    The value of Magpul's polymer MBUS can't be beat. But, since they're super scarce,

Troy Industries makes excellent quality sights. I love their Dioptic rear and HK front, as that combination seems to let my eyes pick things up faster than they do with other designs.

Price is higher than Magpul's polymer, but are comparable with with other quality steel sights. You should be able to order them from Troy directly, and some of the larger online retailers also have them in stock. (May have to order individually, instead of in combo pack)

https://troyind.com/backup-iron-sights

LWRC also has a nice set.

https://www.lwrci.com/LWRCI-Skirmish-Back-Up-Iron-Sights-BUIS-Set_p_30.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom