• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amickey1979

Feb 15, 2008
    Easton, ES of MD
    Is any version of the Kel Tec RDB MD legal? I understand the standard 17in barrel one does not meet the MD 29in OAL but they do have a 20in one. Not sure what I would use it for but I am curious.

Thanks

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    20" model has OAL 30.4”. should be gtg.

17" model would be legal if your FFL permanently strapped on a ... muzzle device. to the gun. Strapped a muzzle device onto the gun. Pinned and welded even. Get your mind out of the gutter.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Yes. With the extended muzzle brake to bring its OAL to 29 inches the RDB-17 is legal. I purchased one a couple months ago.

The MSP website is accurate for the base model. But a dealer modifying it to bring its OAL up renders not a copycat weapon.

Matt

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Been thinking about this rifle for a while. Conceptually I really like the ejection system. Need to fire one before I decide. But clearing and checking for FTE and FTL would be difficult.

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    I got the 20 inch RDB about 2 months ago. It's really nice, I love the downward ejection. I put a Sig romeo 5 red dot and a raptor rail on mine.

Attachments

• 20190413_143748.jpg
      20190413_143748.jpg
      105 KB · Views: 1,691

Bigredd007

Dec 17, 2017
    Where did you get this one transfered in? I have ordered the RDB20BLK and I am getting hassle from a certain FFL holder, that stated that it is not on the MSP roster only the "hunter" its over the 29" OAL so what is the problem?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Where did you get this one transfered in? I have ordered the RDB20BLK and I am getting hassle from a certain FFL holder, that stated that it is not on the MSP roster only the "hunter" its over the 29" OAL so what is the problem?
    Go find an FFL who knows MD law and understands that the "rifle roster" is a joke that, at best, is just the MSP giving unofficial advice. You don't want to be doing businesses long-term with idiots.

rootytootyshooty

Apr 12, 2019

I got mine from Fox's in Laurel. They have a $25 transfer fee. Ask specifically about the "Rdb 20"

unclsu

Jun 8, 2020
    I got the 20 inch RDB about 2 months ago. It's really nice, I love the downward ejection. I put a Sig romeo 5 red dot and a raptor rail on mine.

They have this in stock at worth a shot near Gambrills. Asking 1K. Ha. Msrp is $930. What did you pay ?

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    I got mine from Fox's in Laurel. They have a $25 transfer fee. Ask specifically about the "Rdb 20"

They also have a terrible history with the rest of the 2A community in MD.

Personally, I wouldn't go there if they paid me $25 to do a transfer in their shop. Or $250. If I lived in Laurel, I would drive to Southern MD or the Eastern shore before I shopped there. JMO.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    The night stalker setup
    Rdb20, aac suppressor and ATN Thor 4 thermal sight

Attachments

• 1B3FA178-6FA9-4A1D-A87E-57EECEE2D165.jpg
      1B3FA178-6FA9-4A1D-A87E-57EECEE2D165.jpg
      136.8 KB · Views: 447

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    For those interested in the RDB. Just sharing an observation. I took my Rdb out to the range last Sunday and it did not like aluminum GI magazines.

With GI mags. It’s would chamber the first round. Fire that, but it will fail to strip the succeeding rounds from From the mag. The magazine will also fall out. Which Is embarrassing. GI mags don’t lock up well in the RDB.

A had a couple of PMAGs. Once I switched to those. The problems went away. Instead of trying to make GI mags work. I’ll just use pmags on this rifle.

necrodude

Aug 22, 2012
    PG county, MD
    For those interested in the RDB. Just sharing an observation. I took my Rdb out to the range last Sunday and it did not like aluminum GI magazines.

With GI mags. It’s would chamber the first round. Fire that, but it will fail to strip the succeeding rounds from From the mag. The magazine will also fall out. Which Is embarrassing. GI mags don’t lock up well in the RDB.

A had a couple of PMAGs. Once I switched to those. The problems went away. Instead of trying to make GI mags work. I’ll just use pmags on this rifle.
    Mine is the same way with GI mags except the mag doesn't fall out. It will work with the first round but won't chamber any after that. I just use Pmags and Lancer Magazines.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    20200709_080423.jpg

I picked up the defender, would be cool to get a 9mm / glock mag or a 300BO version, and some QD sling sockets. Probably one of the best suppressor hosts out of the box, good trigger made great with the Mcarbo kit, has been reliable with Pmags, and handles well. Pretty quiet with adjustable gas, no port bark and 0 gas in the face. With the 16" barrel it's basically 24.5" OAL(sans muzzle device) with a 14" LOP, the "adjustable stock" is really only there to bring OAL past 26" and avoid the NFA. About the same OAL as my 7" AR9 with brace extended.

gwoodburn

Feb 9, 2012
    Owings Mills, MD

The GI mags falling out is a very common problem on the RDB. I'm pretty sure Keltec redesigned the mag catch to fix the problem. Its worth giving them a call. They have great customer service. They will most likely send you a new one at no charge.

BTW, nice rifle! You need to add some danhagadesigns.com love to it though :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom