• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    Has anyone seen this sorry-ass thread on M4C?
    http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=65729

Well apparently some of my most recent posts have hurt alot of peoples' feelings when I criticize their DPMS, Delton, CMMG, Oly Arms, you name it selection. The reason behind this post is simple. Many of us consider AR's to be fighting weapons. Not something that we show off to our friends, shoot dirt clods with and take cool pictures with in our latest tactical garb.

Many of those who defend these substandard weapons will do so without listening to any reason or the voice of experience. So in order to prevent another 500 hundred if these threads from appearing I am starting this one. Here is the deal.

1. If you want to post why you think your xxxxx carbine/rifle is better than Daniel Defense, Colt, BCM, Noveske, LMT or other known proven weapons be prepared to explain why.

2. If you think that holding to the TDP or trying to produce a good quality weapon isn't important explain to us why. If you think that staking the carrier key or endplate is unnecessary please tell us why.

3. If you have an exceptional tale of how your carbine/rifle has performed in high count training or otherwise please share it with us.

4. If you feel that you can't wait for a good weapon and have to have something else now. Then explain why it's necessary.

The people on M4C continue to amaze... and disgust me.
    What a bunch of nut lickers. :sad20:

They act like a gun can't say "Bushmaster" on the roll marks, and still be a good gun.
    To those a-holes, I offer this.

web.jpg

The roll marks say Bushmaster, but after 3 years, that is all that is left of the original gun.
    This thing will out shoot any of their
    Daniel Defense, Colt, BCM, Noveske, LMT or other known proven weapons

Can you tell that I'm pissed?
    What a bunch of mall ninjas.

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I've got something for the tier queers over there to MPI and shot peen. :sad20:

Unless you care to shoot heavier than your basic 62 grain ammo, a Stag 1/9 twist upper with a couple mods will do anything a Noveske or Daniel Defense upper will. Make sure the carrier is properly staked, and do a $10 bolt upgrade with the right spring and insert, and you are good to go. Put together a lower of your choice with good quality internals and the right buffer and drive on. No the Stag barrel will not instantly melt because it is made of one type of ordinance quality steel versus another.

Oh and because that one Jack Hole on that other thread went to a slew of 3 day armorer courses, doesn't make him any more of an expert than most of the people that have done their homework and built ARs in their basement.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    i joined there a while back. had the same issues as the op. top shelf snobs is what i see. same as the kid in high school who drives a bmw and thinks its the fstest, coolest, what ever

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    atleast on here, you dont get "your stuff is crap and i sit in a chair all day and play ps3 so i rule!" attitude

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    It' not that I agree with them, but if Bushmaster stuff was GTG why did you swap out all of the parts in your gun? I doubt their arguments stems from bad upper and lower stripped receivers. The fact that you switched barrels and BCG's is the same reason they dismiss Bushmaster guns.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Ask them to fire 500 rounds at 30 rounds per minute and see how long any of them last. Although, fact is, that many troops would be lucky to last through firing 500 rounds in any rifle.

Mark

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I've got something for the tier queers over there to MPI and shot peen. :sad20:

Unless you care to shoot heavier than your basic 62 grain ammo, a Stag 1/9 twist upper with a couple mods will do anything a Noveske or Daniel Defense upper will. Make sure the carrier is properly staked, and do a $10 bolt upgrade with the right spring and insert, and you are good to go. Put together a lower of your choice with good quality internals and the right buffer and drive on. No the Stag barrel will not instantly melt because it is made of one type of ordinance quality steel versus another.

Oh and because that one Jack Hole on that other thread went to a slew of 3 day armorer courses, doesn't make him any more of an expert than most of the people that have done their homework and built ARs in their basement.

:thumbsup: It all depends on how much you wanna spend and what you want the gun to do.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Ask them to fire 500 rounds at 30 rounds per minute and see how long any of them last. Calling an AR-15 a fighting weapon is a bit of a joke to begin with when compared to some other real battle rifles. Although, fact is, that many troops would be lucky to last through firing 500 rounds in any rifle.

Mark

I'd pick an AR for battle over any other rifle on the planet.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I'd pick an AR for battle over any other rifle on the planet.

I'd want something with a little more punch... I want cover to be concealment, this is where the 5.56 lacks a bit. So, AR-10, I am with you, it's a good rifle... AR-15, not so much.

Mark

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I'd want something with a little more punch... I want cover to be concealment, this is where the 5.56 lacks a bit.

Mark

There is no perfect. Only what works best for a given situation. I'll take the accuracy, durability and mobility of the Ar any day.

bigjohn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 29, 2007
    they jumped my case saying rock river was junk and that just because govt agencys use them dont mean jack

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    There is no perfect. Only what works best for a given situation. I'll take the accuracy, durability and mobility of the Ar any day.

So given the choice between the M-21 and the M-4, you're going with the M-4?

The M-4 is lighter, but that's the only advantage I see.

The M-21 is gonna be as accurate, as durable, and offer a lot more firepower than the M-4.

Back on topic... there are plenty of good AR's that are not top tier names that will survive the same conditions as the top tier.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    I just don't understand why what they think bothers Mega? Enjoy your gun and who cares what anyone else thinks.

Yeah Mark mobility of rifle and ammo would be pretty important to me in choosing a battle rifle.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Yeah Mark mobility of rifle and ammo would be pretty important to me in choosing a battle rifle.

Valid arguments can be made for both camps. :) I won't disagree that it's a valid consideration.

Mark

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    umm... the op quoted someone that's elitist and rough around the edges, but not wrong. colt and dd and noveske are better...they take more steps in manufacturing to ensure that EVERY rifle is consistently reliable and accurate. The elitist jerkwad claims they believe ar's are fighting rifles and not range rifles...whatever...mine's not really. I don't plan on fighting my way through the streets of iraq with my rifle, so a tactical innovations lower and del-ton upper i build up is plenty fine with me. So far it's fed everything(including the tulammo from walmart other complained about) and put up the group below shot at 100 yds. of course, it's still not a colt and if i had the money(which i dont) i'd make the investment to get a real deal colt or bcm...oooh, or a les baer(hells yes).

The bottom line is, they're right...my tactical innovations/del-ton build isn't a colt and never will be. If my life depended on it, i'd agree with what they say...but it doesn't and paying what i can afford to build a satisfactory AR is fine with me for now. I don't claim my rifle is better than or equal to a colt...only that it fits my needs for a bearable price. there's too much crybabyin going on pretty much everywhere nowadays.
    ar-15%20100yds%2062gr%20ati[1].jpg

0807001010b.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads