• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Polecat

R.I.P.
    Feb 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    Ya and there were at least a dozen VA State Police in uniform chatting. :sad20:
    I didn't see any real deals that I was interested in, but I've got every thing I need....almost. :innocent0

crasher

Did something happen recently at the show? Reason I ask is I went there today. Yes I see the sign no loaded guns. Been there a couple times a year for past few years. Usually I pop out the mag, clear it and the lady zip ties it. Ive even popped the mag back in even though it could never load or stuck it in my pocket. This time I walk in already cleared, loaded mag in one hand gun in the other hand. As I hand it to her she goes off - didnt you see the signs, No loaded guns. I say its not loaded, she takes the mag says - this is loaded this is a loaded gun then takes the bullets mumbling this is the third time today. And way more signs than usual. I don't get it - since when is a mag separated from a gun makes the gun loaded. Only pissed cause it was 380 bullets and they are expensive and hard to come by. I could be wrong but...

I believe that the show previous the last one at Chantilly had an exhibitor accidentally discharge a round through the roof during the show.

He was 'axed' to leave.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD
    picked my self up a viridian X5L green laser/light combo for my fnp or XD havent decided...wasent to bad of a price i thought..looked up internet prices on my phone as i walked around thinking about buying it..if you factor in shiping and the time spent looking for a good deal i may have saved 5-10 bucks online

I picked up an Aimpoint CompM4 $125 under the lowest internet price I could find on my crackberry, so I guess that qualifies as a deal. :D

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    anyone seen ak 47 drums?

There were plenty of them. Going for $95. The mag guy in the back right corner had a stack of them as he always does.

I had the Glock guy mount some Trijicon night sights on my Glock 19 and while he was at it, I had him do an action job and trigger job on it too. It feels like a different gun now. This guy really knows what he's doing.

blindnoodle

Livin' the dream!
    Apr 21, 2009
    There were plenty of them. Going for $95. The mag guy in the back right corner had a stack of them as he always does.

Saturday morning he had a smoking chick cleaning the windows on his booth. Was she still there cleaning the glass?

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I had the Glock guy mount some Trijicon night sights on my Glock 19 and while he was at it, I had him do an action job and trigger job on it too. It feels like a different gun now. This guy really knows what he's doing.

what does he charge for this?

ezeerider

Mount Airy, Marylandistan
    Feb 10, 2009
    Mount Airy, Md.
    what does he charge for this?

I believe it was $95 or $99 for the night sights and then $60 for the action job and he threw in the trigger work free.
    I don't quite remember what all was included in the action job but I know he installed an extended mag release button, the slide was somehow modified so when ya pull back the slide while a mag is inserted, it locks the slide back and then you manually release it.... when no mag was inserted it worked as usual. He replaced the trigger spring with a lighter one, and he polished up some stuff with a dremel tool. By the way the guy that did the job was Jon Wolff and his company is Tactical Accessories, LLC. Here's a pic of the stuff he replaced. All I know is the gun works slick as hell, has a nice smooth trigger pull with a real clean break and the extended mag release makes it a lot easier to drop a mag. Oh, and I can aim in the dark now. I am very satisfied.

20100426001020.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom