• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    Does anyone remember a dealer in the Woodbine area about 20+ or so years ago. I think they were on Woodbine Rd. but my memory is fuzzy on that. They were also class 3 dealer and had a machine shop on premises. I remember going there and they had lots of unusual stuff, Reisings, a twin mounted pair of 1919 BMGs that were shortened to about half their original barrel length.

I think it was a husband and wife who owned it plus a couple of guys who did machine work there on the side but worked primarily elsewhere (Goddard?)

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Does anyone remember a dealer in the Woodbine area about 20+ or so years ago. I think they were on Woodbine Rd. but my memory is fuzzy on that. They were also class 3 dealer and had a machine shop on premises. I remember going there and they had lots of unusual stuff, Reisings, a twin mounted pair of 1919 BMGs that were shortened to about half their original barrel length.

I think it was a husband and wife who owned it plus a couple of guys who did machine work there on the side but worked primarily elsewhere (Goddard?)

Brian Walker is an FFL/SOT in Woodbine, just over the tracks. South Carrol Sporting Goods. MDS member FFBWMD. He leases the shop that was probably home to the FFL that you have in mind.

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County

Woodbine Guns was the name. Jamie ran the shop back then with his wife. A lot of class 3 items went thru that shop back in the good old days. South Carrol now runs his shop in the same location.

MDEXPAT

Oct 21, 2018
    I remember Jamie and his shop quite well! It was indeed called Woodbine Guns. Always found him very friendly and enjoying a chili beer from time-to-time. That was back in the early-90s before all the "craft" beer hit the shelves. Man ahead of his time? Maybe.

I remember the chopped Browning 1919's. And the machine shop in back. There were times when a friend of mine and I would be there before they could actually get the shop open. After being there enough times, if we showed up before the place was open we would help roll out the wooden display racks and eventually were allowed access to the vault to check things out.

I remember one of the guys there being proud of the " critter get'r " he made, converting a semi-auto AK into select-fire, chopping the stock and barrel, all with just a Dremel Tool! I think he was the same gentleman that took an HK21 to Knob Creek one year and everyone wanted to take a turn with it. Not sure if it was a conversion or not. I think that same fellow also had an affinity for restoring motorcycles as I seem to recall pictures of a WWII BMW w/ sidecar. But I could be wrong on that.

I believe Jamie worked as a brick layer full-time when not running the shop. I made my first purchases from him, and IIRC I brought in three others to buy from him as well once they saw what I purchased. After that the shop closed and reopened as All Up In Arms. Anyone remember that? I think the owner was named Barry Papino or Pipino? I'm not sure on the spelling.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Woodbine Guns was the name. Jamie ran the shop back then with his wife. A lot of class 3 items went thru that shop back in the good old days. South Carrol now runs his shop in the same location.

Yep. You must be fellow Woodbine lifer. Do you remember their ads in HoCoMoFreddies?

38super

Jan 8, 2016
    Montgomery County
    No I do not. I do remember going to the Southern States picking up feed as a kid and walking across the street to the gun shop. This was during the 1992 assault weapon ban and the back vault must have had over 100 AR-15's. They were stacked like firewood.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I bought a Ruger Redhawk in .41 Mag from him a while back when I lived in Mt. Airy. Also loved that Vickers water-cooled MG he used to shoot at the Ft. Meade MG shoots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom