• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firemn260

Sep 15, 2015
    Harford County
    Now that I decided to back off my pursuit to find a s&w model 29, I figured I would get back on my original plan to assemble a 6.8 spc.

So far my plans are to use a lwrc six8 upper and lower receiver. A bit pricey but I like the idea of using the proprietary p mags. I want to keep it as lightweight as possible for deer hunting so a Wilson combat 16” ranger barrel seems to fit the bill nicely. I figure a giessele ssa e trigger and haven’t decided on a rail yet. I want to use my trijicon accupower 1-8x28 off of my 308 because it seems like a good short to medium range scope but it is a little on the heavy side.
    How’s it sound so far? Just a few questions. Will a ar15 upper receiver fit on the lwrc lower or should I not cut that corner and stick with the same set? I’m also not sure if I’m going to run the slr sentry 7 adjustable gas block I run on all my other guns. It helped a lot tuning my 308. I’ve also heard that running anything other than the lwrc bolt carrier could run me into feeding problems. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom