• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jcarte29

Aug 29, 2022
    Charlotte, NC
    Submitted initial ccw app at Metro PD Sept 14.

Today, 11/4, I just got the email from the Washington, DC MPD with my digital CC Pistol Permit!

Coincidentally enough all 3 of my permits (NC, MD, Wash,DC) all expire within a month of each other (by Dec 2024) given that I have had my NC permit 3 years already lol (NC CHP are 5 years length).

MikeNice3000

Oct 9, 2022
    Howard County
    I applied 11/1 downtown at MPD headquarters and got approved today 11/29 for a first time CCW application. I am surprised at how quickly they turned this around, and actually very pleased with DC permit approval speed, less than 30 days.

I applied for MD CCW in late September and am still waiting for approval.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    No more paper permits. They email you and you have to print it. Good news is just the pdf will work for proof of licensing.

gmharle

MDS Supporter
    Dec 29, 2015
    Millers, MD
    I applied on Nov 4th and received the approval on Dec 2nd. Seems that they are turning them around a little quicker these days.

LAC_MD

Oct 18, 2022
    Towson
    If you call them before the 90 day mark, will they tell you anything other than something to the effect of "the process can take up to 90 days"?
    possible but i spoke with a lady after mine was pending for less than 30 days and she looked it up and explained exactly where I was in the process.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    possible but i spoke with a lady after mine was pending for less than 30 days and she looked it up and explained exactly where I was in the process.
    That’s good to know. Glad to hear they were helpful.

Kanly

Feb 15, 2012
    Washington, DC
    Based on some recent posts elsewhere -- looks like firearms registrations (no idea about CCW) have miraculously started taking about a week for approval.

Longhorse

MSI Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2021
    Based on some recent posts elsewhere -- looks like firearms registrations (no idea about CCW) have miraculously started taking about a week for approval.

I've seen posts elsewhere mentioning recent CCW applications being approved in under 20 days. The fastest recent approval I'm aware of was 10 days. It seems like DC approvals for both registration and CCW are speeding up significantly. Hopefully it stays that way.

Estirpe

Nov 22, 2018
    Are you registering a handgun in addition to the CCW? If so you will get a response on or before the 60 day mark. Make sure you search your email junk folder for a email from the dc government.
    Yes 2 handguns, thanks for letting me know about the junk mail, will keep an eye on that folder

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom