• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this post, but does anyone follow or participate in the Rock Island gun auctions? Alot of the pieces being sold are in lots of more then one firearm. I'm personally not a designated collector so that would be problem. I was wondering if anyone would want to "group buy" a lot if there were mutual pieces they'd want.

Casey

Dec 4, 2011
    where are these auctions you speak of, one could buy as many as he liked ( given he or she meets all criteria for ownership )
    if after I took possession of my ( 5,7,10 ) items, If I was inclined, I could sell them to another person via proper channels..

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    where are these auctions you speak of, one could buy as many as he liked ( given he or she meets all criteria for ownership )
    if after I took possession of my ( 5,7,10 ) items, If I was inclined, I could sell them to another person via proper channels..

what he is suggesting is a straw purchase.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    I don't think it would be a straw purchase. If one lot consists of 3 firearms, and 3 people each decide there's one that they want, and agree upon a maximum bid and throw in the money. Say they won, all 3 go to the chosen FFL and pick up their respective firearm.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    They send out a catalog when they're having an auction. I received mine today. I know they have a website and last year I entered with phone bids but lost

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this post, but does anyone follow or participate in the Rock Island gun auctions? Alot of the pieces being sold are in lots of more then one firearm. I'm personally not a designated collector so that would be problem. I was wondering if anyone would want to "group buy" a lot if there were mutual pieces they'd want.

intent.:sad20:

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013
    The intent would be to purchase one firearm from a lot, while other buyers get what they want. I fail to see how that's illegal. If I posted 4 firearms in the classifieds section and sold them as a bundle for $400, 4 users each want one and decide to throw in $100 each, then meet up and make the transaction. That's not illegal.

22Shooter

Feb 5, 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom