• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you interested in a Beretta ARX100 pre-order program?

• Yes, and I'm ready to put up a deposit now.

Votes: 56 38.4%
    • Yes, but I'll need a little time to get my deposit ready.

Votes: 35 24.0%
    • Yes, but I'm not sure I'll have the money anytime soon.

Votes: 25 17.1%
    • No interest at this time.

Votes: 30 20.5%

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

hacktracker

Apr 10, 2012
    Lower-Slower
    A few members of MD Shooters are attempting to contact Beretta USA to see if it's possible to put together a priority delivery program for their new ARX100 Modern Sporting Rifle. This is early in the process, but we want to move fast to beat the SB281 October 1st deadline.

If you're not familiar with the firearm, you can find some details here...

CLICK HERE

It's an exciting rifle that is fully ambidextrous (without tools or other parts) and they'll have a quick-change 300 Blackout barrel very soon.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Its an interesting gun, may be interested depending on details.

Ill be more interested if they actually move out of MD.

Id be super interested if they did a custom serial number run starting with FUMOM

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    While a neat idea and cool gun, I would rather have another AR. Not saying I won't eventually get one, but have any of you handled one yet? They are pretty bulky and IMO over priced compared to an AR.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    A few members of MD Shooters are attempting to contact Beretta USA to see if it's possible to put together a priority delivery program for their new ARX100 Modern Sporting Rifle. This is early in the process, but we want to move fast to beat the SB281 October 1st deadline.

If you're not familiar with the firearm, you can find some details here...

CLICK HERE

It's an exciting rifle that is fully ambidextrous (without tools or other parts) and they'll have a quick-change 300 Blackout barrel very soon.

Has anybody considered doing this sort of thing for a TAVOR?

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    I was very interested in the ARX100 until I saw the shooting video - what I'm assuming is the safety (fire-selector switch for the ARX160?) is pointed downwards for "fire", which interferes with the shooters trigger finger. While not every shooter has a problem with it, it seems like it's another case of Beretta putting a safety where it doesn't belong.

Source:

Last edited:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I was very interested in the ARX100 until I saw the shooting video - what I'm assuming is the safety (fire-selector switch for the ARX160?) is pointed downwards for "fire", which interferes with the shooters trigger finger. While not every shooter has a problem with it, it seems like it's another case of Beretta putting a safety where it doesn't belong.

Source: youtube.com/watch?v=sVxWaqKAQ6M

MonkeyPunch

Feb 23, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Definitely looks like you could accidentally knock it onto safe.

Yeah - that's why the shooter has to stop and recheck the safety multiple times. When he shoots lefty (the ambidextrous nature of the ARX100 being touted), he keeps his hand artificially low which prevents his finger from rubbing against the safety during operation.

While it isn't as bad as the slide-mounted safety on the 92/M9s (something even Beretta has admitted was in-error), it kind of rubs me the wrong way that they would let this slip. I guess we'll have to wait for more user-reviews to see if this is a genuine issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom