• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ackackadak

Oct 8, 2016
    I'm new to gun shows and planning on attending the Frederick Gun show this upcoming weekend. Any thoughts on what I can expect? I may be looking at holsters, ammo and maybe another Glock. Will I be disappointed or impressed? TIA (First Post)

John

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The Frederick shows can be hit or miss, especially of late. If you are lookng for top of the line holsters, you'll probably be disappointed.

Ammo is usually not much of a deal at the shows.

If you are looking for either of the above items in earnest, it may be worth your time to go to the Dulles Expo show this weekend.

As far as the Glock goes, it sounds like Bass Pro has a screaming deal on them until mid-April

ackackadak

Oct 8, 2016
    Thanks for the reply. I can't get to Dulles this weekend so I was going to go to Frederick instead. Dulles has been mentioned to me at my local shooting range so I'm guessing it is the one to go to. Since I have nothing to compare it to I suppose I won't be too disappointed w/Frederick. The Glock info is the best news of all. Thanks again.

John

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    Keep your eye out. Dulles has a show every two or three months. They usually have many holster venders and some pretty good deals on ammo.

armedsks

Feb 27, 2007
    Sharpsburg, MD
    The ammo sales depends on what Ammunition store brings or the other guy. No steals, but the normal internet prices(no gouging somewhat).

Wish I could make it today, but im home with a sick 3 year old and waiting for funrniture to be deliverd.

Trying to save my $ for a cmp carbine when they become available end of the month.

The best deals at silverado IMHO are in the parking lot and line to get in!!

ackackadak

Oct 8, 2016
    Well, I went today and had a good time. The ammo prices weren't great, the prices on used handguns weren't anything I couldn't find locally and there was an abundance of cheap knives (my other interest). There was only one decent knife vendor. I'm not a long gun fan but everone who was seemed quite interested in what was for sale. The people attending were great and many of the vendors were great with my nine year old. My son bought a scope for his BB gun so we walked away happy. I might not go again but am looking forward to one of the other larger shows mentioned.

I was there today too. Surprising turnout for a cold Easter weekend. It will be interesting to see if anyone shows up tomorrow on Easter ("Uh, sweetheart, I know the family and all is here, but I'm going to duck out for a few hours and see what's at the Silverado gunshow"). There were a decent number of vendors. The ammo prices were okay if you were shopping for a Warsaw Pact firearm, less so if it was for the more common U.S./NATO calibers. The only real beef that I had was that there was not a lot of room to manuever around the tables.

Bethesda John

Feb 28, 2007
    Escaped to Virginia
    The show was OK, worth the entry fee.

I agree it was pretty crowded but that's good in the big scheme of things. I picked up my first SKS, a Yugo, for $200 and now I have to get at the cosmoline. Did anyone there see the table in the main building selling the Maryland compliant AR-15s and M-4s? I lost their card and forgot their name so I can't look them up on the web. The guns are made in-state and were running in the $850 range. Any opinions on these weapons? They seemed to be selling at a decent pace.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Bethesda John,

I think you must be referring to Fulton Armory out of Laurel. Good stuff at fair prices. I have my own reasons for not dealing with them, but that's my burden. ;)

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    Fulton Armory is the one I think you are refering to. Their prices seems to be within the norms ..

I will just buy their lowers only, nothing else ...since it would be cheaper for me to get it from them...

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick
    Anyone headed to the Silverado Gun Show in Frederick on June 23rd? I think Decoy and I are going to check it out and see if there are any good deals.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Depending on whether I end up at my undisclosed location in WV or not, I may be there.

Cpl. Cornbeef

May 22, 2007
    Frederick
    Cool, I want to check out the prices on a Glock 35. If I buy my AR lower this week then I can't buy the Glock! This one gun a month rule sucks!

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Just think of it as dollar cost averaging :D

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    Cool, I want to check out the prices on a Glock 35. If I buy my AR lower this week then I can't buy the Glock! This one gun a month rule sucks!

Have you registered with Maryland as a collector? By filling out a form to have yourself listed as a collector will be " exempt from the one regulated firearm in 30-day law. In addition you will be no longer required to complete the Application for Multiple Purchase of Regulated Firearms form."

It only costs the price of a stamp and I am convinced it makes the checks all go faster. The form can be found here...

http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/Collector_Application_Affidavit.pdf

I completed mine back in 2003, it took about 4 weeks to get my letter stating I am a collector. This is NOT an FFL 03 or any licence to do business. It only exempts you from some of Marylands waiting periods.

Spread the word.

-Boxcab

EDIT: MODS - This info should be made a sticky in the proper forum so people will know that such a capability exists.

Last edited:

repair-man

Mar 27, 2007
    SW MD
    I wanted to go, but the company picnic is that day. I went to the last show in Frederick and got a hefty speeding ticket on the way there. I called this week and they said my trial was dismissed. Lucky me :innocent0

I was looking for an SKS, but all were way to overpriced for their condition. I'm still looking for one if anyone can help me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom