• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I know most if not all online vendors won't ship firearms to MD if they come with high capacity mags. Will they ship to an FFL though if the FFL itself orders the gun & mags?

I have an FFL who would ship them out of state for me to pick up at a later time, but the online vendor won't ship any of it to the FFL at all.

Make sense?

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    I know Dan at Baltimore’s Best Pawn gets them all the time but he blocks them to 10 rounds for sale in state. I have bought several from him like this.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    I know Dan at Baltimore’s Best Pawn gets them all the time but he blocks them to 10 rounds for sale in state. I have bought several from him like this.

Makes sense. Thanks.

Found a killer deal online but the clowns won't ship here. I'm trying to convince them it's perfectly legal and happens all the time. So frustrating.

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Your first post is correct. FFL can receive 30 round (STD mag) but cant sell to you in MD. That FFL can ship out of state and you pick up, that's fine.

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    Your first post is correct. FFL can receive 30 round (STD mag) but cant sell to you in MD. That FFL can ship out of state and you pick up, that's fine.

Thanks.

I'm gonna try one last time to convey this to the online vendor. If I don't get anywhere I'll just have to bend over and buy elsewhere for $50 more.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Thanks.

I'm gonna try one last time to convey this to the online vendor. If I don't get anywhere I'll just have to bend over and buy elsewhere for $50 more.

What are you looking for? Maybe the power of MDS can help you out.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016

I have heard some folks say that they can be shipped and others say the MSP does not look kindly on shipping them. So your results may vary.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat.../10-16-2017 LD-FRU-17-010 Detachable Mags.pdf

I remember this being discussed here on MDS when the Maryland State Police issued the above advisory. Members here were pretty much divided on the legality of this. Some thought that Maryland had no authority to enforce their laws in other states. Others thought the law was the law and it didn't matter whether they sent you the magazines in-state or out-of-state.

I am not a lawyer and I'm not giving any advice. Just warning you to be cautious... and maybe not discuss your intentions in an online forum.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Answer - Probably not likely to end in a conviction .
    Much more likely to result in revocation of Regulated Weapons Dealer Lic .
    Very likely to have chilling effect on Md dealer from doing so .

Plan B - Do ordering thru ( or otherwise make equitable purchase from ) dealer in other state within driving distance . Physically recieve magizines there . Have pistol in question subsequently (re-) shipped to your Maryland Dealer .

Yes , there is extra shipping , and possibly transfer fee involved , wich will effect the $ bottom line .

Hit and Run

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2010
    Prince Frederick
    https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat.../10-16-2017 LD-FRU-17-010 Detachable Mags.pdf

I remember this being discussed here on MDS when the Maryland State Police issued the above advisory. Members here were pretty much divided on the legality of this. Some thought that Maryland had no authority to enforce their laws in other states. Others thought the law was the law and it didn't matter whether they sent you the magazines in-state or out-of-state.

I am not a lawyer and I'm not giving any advice. Just warning you to be cautious... and maybe not discuss your intentions in an online forum.
    This....very clear

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Sirex