Virginia Election Nov 5: Are the Republicans even trying?!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    Is it just me or does it seem like the Republicans are not even trying? I am in Loudoun county and just this week alone I have gotten a stack of propaganda from the Dem party about 6 inches thick! Most of it is filled with outright lies about the competing candidate. And not a single mailer or anything whatsoever from the Republican or Independent side. Sitting back idly is not how you win an election . . .:sad20:

I escaped MD to VA just this year and I am sorely disappointed thus far.

fred55

Senior
    Aug 24, 2016
    Spotsylvania Co. VA
    I’m In Spotsylvania county and I can guarantee the Republican committee is very active in this election! Look for your county’s Republican Committee and get involved with them and see all their activities. It’s up to us to carry the ball some of the distance, I know our opponents are. fred55

https://www.loudoungop.com

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Not to be a troll; but isn't the reason that VA is purple in the first place is (a) Republicans don't bother to vote in large numbers and (b) when they do, they vote for some third party because the regular candidate is not conservative enough for them.

Please prove me way wrong next week.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Im watching commercials.
    Free health, or you dont care.
    If you dont support gun control, you are a terrorist and have no common sense.

Those are the topics here.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Im not either. Most ads are clear. You either need big GOV, or you want to take care of it.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    Not to be a troll; but isn't the reason that VA is purple in the first place is (a) Republicans don't bother to vote in large numbers and (b) when they do, they vote for some third party because the regular candidate is not conservative enough for them.

Please prove me way wrong next week.

This is the main problem. Happens every f*cking election. I understand why people feel that way but damn. You have to win the battles to win the war. :mad54:

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    VA problem is NOVA is at a point of taking over the whole state

I have received about 5 pieces of mail everyday from the DNC as with stuff at the door. The RNC doesn’t do anything here. It’s as if they feel they have no chance in this area.

Every other YouTube video has an ad from John Bell.
    “It shouldn’t be easier to buy an assault rifle than it is to get a fishing licenses”

“Kids in schools always tell me we need to fix the gun problem. They are scared”

Last election John bell said Republicans want kids to take bazookas to schools.

He’s a lying idiot but he’s got the ad dollars.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i voted the big R on my absentee ballot, hope everyone else does the same! vote or (eventually) lose your 2a rights.

and us voting ain't enough. need to get our kids, and their schoolmate friends, out hunting and shooting.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Last election John bell said Republicans want kids to take bazookas to schools.

Yea...I think it was just one Republican that said that, but who’s counting.

Sadly Virginia is a victim of their own success. A great deal of concentrated wealth in NOVA is fueled by big government and IT/Tech business. It’s an uphill battle for republicans there. I fear it will get harder still as liberal baby boomers are choosing to retire in Culpepper, Orange and Spotsylvania counties.

jeffie7

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2015
    Loudoun County
    Yea...I think it was just one Republican that said that, but who’s counting.

Sadly Virginia is a victim of their own success. A great deal of concentrated wealth in NOVA is fueled by big government and IT/Tech business. It’s an uphill battle for republicans there. I fear it will get harder still as liberal baby boomers are choosing to retire in Culpepper, Orange and Spotsylvania counties.

Yup, everyone is moving out, and the people moving in moved her from other countries to work. The idea of open boarders is reason enough to vote dem.

We will be voting. It feels pointless but we'll still try.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    keep in mind "mailers" and television ads are so 1996.

Most political ad targeting happens on facebook/social media now and is specifically targeted to small groups. The trump campaign for example made tens of thousands of ads targeting as few as several hundred thousand people. If the VA republicans are smart, they copied this and are not wasting money on TV and mailers, which people fast forward through or throw in the trash. Democrats are way behind in their social media strategy, ironically.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Im watching commercials.
    Free health, or you dont care.
    If you dont support gun control, you are a terrorist and have no common sense.

Those are the topics here.

I like the one shown recently, can’t recall the state, where people are against a Vaping ban. The slogan is “we Vape AND we vote”. Don’t forget the “and we kill ourselves”.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom