• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Eh, Not bad. the first pistol will see alot of bids compared to the others, and is already showing that i might end high.

Im on there all the time and i see steals and deals, I have bought so much in the last few weeks im gonna be listing some of my stuff in the classifieds here in the next day or two. If i had to guess, ive bought almost 2K worth in the last month and a half. So a few that i dont use have to go.
    If someone wants one of them P64's like in the last auction, I have one ill let go for 190+ transfer. Still in grease, will come with two mags and a cleaning tool.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    Well, a persian mauser is definately C&R - a G98 variant made for the persian "Empire" which in itself does not exist anymore. Those guns are definately + 50 years old.
    As for the price $300 starting bid is not that good. Samco sells comparable ones for $249

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    Well, a persian mauser is definately C&R - a G98 variant made for the persian "Empire" which in itself does not exist anymore. Those guns are definately + 50 years old.
    As for the price $300 starting bid is not that good. Samco sells comparable ones for $249

$300 is the starting bid and the reserve has not been met , so there is no way to know what he really wants for it yet.

SAMCO does not sell a comparable one for $249.

They do sell a stripped down barreled receiver for $229.95 (No Bluing) and it's not clear if that even includes the floorplate , follower & spring.
    They also have "Excellent Condition" (May have rusty spots on top of the barrel.) $499.95
    Or "Unissued Condition" (May have rusty spots on top of the barrel.) $699.95

With that in mind I would say the auction linked above at $300 is bellow it's actual value. ;)

I would appraise the value of my virtually flawless unissued like new one at $800+
    My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_008.jpg

My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_007.jpg

My_Military_Surplus_Rifles_005.jpg

boule

Ultimate Member
    Oct 16, 2008
    Galt's Gulch
    $300 is the starting bid and the reserve has not been met , so there is no way to know what he really wants for it yet.

SAMCO does not sell a comparable one for $249.

$249 for one with most of the blueing gone.... OK, looked in the wrong line. The better ones also seem to be reblued.

Nonetheless, the rifle you see there and graded "NRA-excellent" is at least in my point of view not justifiedly graded. This is the NRA description of excellent:
    Excellent - all original parts; over 80% original finish; sharp lettering, numerals and design on metal and wood; unmarred wood; fine bore.

The wood definately has its dings as seen in the pictures and he does not show enough of the lettering or the metal to judge if his claim is correct. Without further pictures, I would not really wish to spend above $300 for this rifle.

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    $249 for one with most of the blueing gone.... OK, looked in the wrong line. The better ones also seem to be reblued.

Nonetheless, the rifle you see there and graded "NRA-excellent" is at least in my point of view not justifiedly graded. This is the NRA description of excellent:

The wood definately has its dings as seen in the pictures and he does not show enough of the lettering or the metal to judge if his claim is correct. Without further pictures, I would not really wish to spend above $300 for this rifle.

It's not "$249 for one with most of the bluing gone".
    It's $229.95 for a barreled receiver that's no stock , no handguard , no barrel bands , no bayonet lug , no sling swivels , no buttplate and -no bluing at all -

I agree it's not in "NRA Excellent Condition" more like Very Good in any case $300+- is what Persian M98/29's are selling for in that condition.
    Complete Persian Mausers under $300 in very good condition are only available in the past :D

Last edited:

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I recently traded for a Persian mauser, after i did i started looking at others online to see if i got a good deal, I am seeing them go between 300-450 consistently. sometimes i will see them go for just under 300, but not too many. I have also seen a few very nice ones go for more than the 450.00. I dont think that a starting price of 300 is bad but i do think it should be that and no reserve in order for me to bid on it. but then again im a cheapskate and I like to find the deals.

here is a deal right now, and if i didnt have 4 SKS's coming I might pick this up, if any of you want a SKS. here ya go..

200.00 buy it now

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=204722526

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    It's not "$249 for one with most of the bluing gone".
    It's $229.95 for a barreled receiver that's no stock , no handguard , no barrel bands , no bayonet lug , no sling swivels , no buttplate and -no bluing at all -

I agree it's not in "NRA Excellent Condition" more like Very Good in any case $300+- is what Persian M98/29's are selling for in that condition.
    Complete Persian Mausers under $300 in very good condition are only available in the past :D

There have been a few in the VG range that have gone for under $350 lately, it has killed me not to bight. But I agree the SAMCO guns on the low-end are far from comparable, even some of the unissueds have rust on the top end of the barrel.

Of the two I have bought, below is the one I kept, it is a little rougher in the stock and blueing but the bore is incredible and Muzzle crown very prounouned. Paid $320 before shipping, with matching bayo. (The M48 with Syrian markings above has had a much rough life......)

IMG_0825.JPG

Its not comparable to the one above, but the one below (long) had very nice wood but had a smoothed out muzzle and much less prounounced rifling at the muzzle so I gave it to my father. Still looking for one with the best features of both! I think I paid $425 with bayo.

IMG_0780.JPG

The Model 49 is another matter all together :)

I am always trying to score good persians, well not persian but this is close enough and Ill take it too!

Ms.+USA.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom