• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    "I am impressed by your gun. Ever have the bravery to fire it? That is one of those guns I would own just for the history, but I would be tempted to fire it just once so I can say I did (I have a pinfire revolver I want to fire just once)."

Never thought about firing it ... it seems to be solid, but you never know. But it's a big pistol, I could use it to drive 6p nails.

Some of the others that I have, I am very tempted to fire though.

Here's my little 5mm pinfire ... I'm scared to fire that one.

~ke3gk\DSC00001.jpg

Last edited:

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Yours is in much better shape than mine, that is for sure. I think mine is 7mm though. Mine is also most likely one of the cheap Belgian copies.....I still want to fire it just once though :D
    DSCF0374.jpg

DSCF0376.jpg

The hand is in there for size comparison.

My second oldest gun (worth showing):
    DSCF0377.jpg

(Note: both guns were checked to be sure they were unloaded before the photos, so even though I recognize finger on the trigger is bad form and bad practice, they were pointed in a safe direction while photographing.)

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I think your right ... mine is a 7mm too ... I'm not sitting in the 'gun vault' so I don't have a chance to scrutinize it.

Yours looks good with that fancy engraving though.

My oldest gun ... well ... I let a 1860 Colt (non matching serial numbers) go last year for $2000 ... in presentation case with all the goodies ... I should have kept that but the guy sweet talked me out of it ...

I have a 1820 Philip Golcher (lock) wall hanger of a York PA rifle.

Sheesh, I can't remember my oldest firearm ... 1888 Mauser Commission Rifle, 1892 Springfield Trap Door ... there's gotta be something older in the vault.

I'll check tomorrow and see ... I do have a gun database, but that too is in the vault room.

I understand your disclaimer about the guns being unloaded ... but when holding a pistol, the thumb always rests in the natural position on a wheel gun ... smiley face goes here

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I think your right ... mine is a 7mm too ... I'm not sitting in the 'gun vault' so I don't have a chance to scrutinize it.

Yours looks good with that fancy engraving though.

My oldest gun ... well ... I let a 1860 Colt (non matching serial numbers) go last year for $2000 ... in presentation case with all the goodies ... I should have kept that but the guy sweet talked me out of it ...

I have a 1820 Philip Golcher (lock) wall hanger of a York PA rifle.

Sheesh, I can't remember my oldest firearm ... 1888 Mauser Commission Rifle, 1892 Springfield Trap Door ... there's gotta be something older in the vault.
    :envy: :)

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    really cool to see someone so knowledgeable and possessed of so many unique firearms. i just saw two nambus (different models) in fireable condition at a friend's shop last friday, he's holding a 1903 Colt Hammerless in .32ACP for me to do the paperwork on this week. that is a sweet gun, and i've wanted one for some time. he had two, one Type 3 and one Type 1, from an estate. i'm taking the type 1, since i traced its serial number to early 1904 production. i'll be firing it, i can say for sure, since i down own any guns that i dont shoot! oh and on the subject of pinfires, i dont own any, but my uncle did, and he shot his!

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    he's holding a 1903 Colt Hammerless in .32ACP for me to do the paperwork on this week. that is a sweet gun, and i've wanted one for some time. he had two, one Type 3 and one Type 1, from an estate. i'm taking the type 1, since i traced its serial number to early 1904 production. i'll be firing it, i can say for sure, since i down own any guns that i dont shoot! oh and on the subject of pinfires, i dont own any, but my uncle did, and he shot his!

That's one on my list too ... take pictures and post when you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom