• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    For those keeping track or interested in the timeline:

As mentioned, my written review was read (and decided upon) by the board on 7/3. Just this morning, I received from Stevi my official decision letter as a PDF attached to an email. The letter reviews the background of my original application, summarizes my submitted appeal and the board's consideration, and concludes that MSP needs to re-issue an unrestricted permit. Not in the letter, but in the body of the email, she reminds me that the MSP has 60 days to actually issue the modified permit. Next update will be when that new physical permit is in hand.

I thanked Stevi for the quality and timeliness of the communication from the board throughout the process, given the volume they're dealing with.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

As mentioned, my written review was read (and decided upon) by the board on 7/3. Just this morning, I received from Stevi my official decision letter as a PDF attached to an email. The letter reviews the background of my original application, summarizes my submitted appeal and the board's consideration, and concludes that MSP needs to re-issue an unrestricted permit. Not in the letter, but in the body of the email, she reminds me that the MSP has 60 days to actually issue the modified permit. Next update will be when that new physical permit is in hand.

I thanked Stevi for the quality and timeliness of the communication from the board throughout the process, given the volume they're dealing with.
    In ten days, more or less, you will have your new card. I'm predicting next Fri or Sat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

Occam: I am collecting such letters. May I have a copy of yours? You can just email it to me at mpennak@marylandshallissue.org. Thx.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Ongoing play-by-play: today’s mail, postmarked 7/24, included my revised permit. I’m lucky I got it, as the LD apparently was too flustered at having to re-issue an unrestricted permit to bother actually sealing the envelope. If anyone’s curious, this did not alter the expiration date, so I’ll have to dive back in the fray at the end of next year. The included paperwork is identical to what accompanied my original (restricted) permit, and there was no mention of needing to destroy or return the first one, so I’ll keep it as an emergency backup. It’s been quite an adventure clawing my way through the Maryland razor wire back up the hill to where we keep the constitution.

Attachments

• 5653C2C3-123B-477E-AF81-86641D8B810F.jpg
      5653C2C3-123B-477E-AF81-86641D8B810F.jpg
      58.1 KB · Views: 274

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I wish I could do what Occam has done as not to waste time at a formal hearing or make room for others .

I have been informed that apparently, effective 10/1/18, reviews will no longer be allowed. The wording in the written law has been changed that will require a hearing. So much for my plan....

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have been informed that apparently, effective 10/1/18, reviews will no longer be allowed. The wording in the written law has been changed that will require a hearing. So much for my plan....

Well, my original hearing date was for AFTER 10/1, but Stevi told me my written review request would get through the mill a lot faster. Which it did, on 7/3. Don't know where you are in the whole permit Circle Of Life, but do communicate with her about the timing if you can. It might work out.

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Well, my original hearing date was for AFTER 10/1, but Stevi told me my written review request would get through the mill a lot faster. Which it did, on 7/3. Don't know where you are in the whole permit Circle Of Life, but do communicate with her about the timing if you can. It might work out.

Just starting the process for my renewal (haven't even done my training yet). Current permit expires end of January 2019, so I will absolutely miss the 10/1 deadline.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Just starting the process for my renewal (haven't even done my training yet). Current permit expires end of January 2019, so I will absolutely miss the 10/1 deadline.

Yeah. I'll have to face that inevitably myself, as I'd have to get my renewal started at the end of 2019 anyway. And you just know I'll get regressed to a restricted permit, and have to fight for unrestricted all over again ... only under the new rules. Maddening. Of course, maybe the SCOTUS Fairy will sprinkle some magic constitution dust on our state by then :-)

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    I have 10 requests for review currently pending, with no hearing date scheduled. Personally, I filed my appeal back May 2018. On 6/14/18, they had me scheduled for 10/16/18. Of course, that wasn't very good, because I wanted to get it in before the new law takes effect on 10/01/18. So, I requested a written review, and the put me in for 7/3/18. I submitted written testimony, and they gave me the green light. I just got my new restriction free permit in the mail last week!! What a great feeling. I'll update as more of clients make through the process, but so far I haven't gotten scheduled for any of them.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I have 10 requests for review currently pending, with no hearing date scheduled. Personally, I filed my appeal back May 2018. On 6/14/18, they had me scheduled for 10/16/18. Of course, that wasn't very good, because I wanted to get it in before the new law takes effect on 10/01/18. So, I requested a written review, and the put me in for 7/3/18. I submitted written testimony, and they gave me the green light. I just got my new restriction free permit in the mail last week!! What a great feeling. I'll update as more of clients make through the process, but so far I haven't gotten scheduled for any of them.

Uncanny how identical our schedules and outcomes were. Other than I only have myself for a client in this regard :)

forkauto

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Sep 26, 2013
    Hampstead, Md
    Ongoing play-by-play: today’s mail, postmarked 7/24, included my revised permit. I’m lucky I got it, as the LD apparently was too flustered at having to re-issue an unrestricted permit to bother actually sealing the envelope. If anyone’s curious, this did not alter the expiration date, so I’ll have to dive back in the fray at the end of next year. The included paperwork is identical to what accompanied my original (restricted) permit, and there was no mention of needing to destroy or return the first one, so I’ll keep it as an emergency backup. It’s been quite an adventure clawing my way through the Maryland razor wire back up the hill to where we keep the constitution.

That is strange, they added a year to mine

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Victory!!!

Excellent! Never let it be said that Crownsville doesn't have anything going for it except that OK gas station. They also have that mediocre dinner theater at 100 Community Place. The main event is pretty lame, but they have a great stand-up comic between acts.

Thanks, Stoveman, for the play by play!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom