• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Agreed companies give away shirts to vendors, customers and tradesmen on the job all the time. I have a closet full of them. Wearing the shirt in no way makes Cove electric responsible for his actions. If he is an employee I am sure they know who he is and will take appropriate action to protect their business.

:thumbsup: Thank You

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Agreed companies give away shirts to vendors, customers and tradesmen on the job all the time. I have a closet full of them. Wearing the shirt in no way makes Cove electric responsible for his actions. If he is an employee I am sure they know who he is and will take appropriate action to protect their business.

Nowhere did I ever mention that Cove Electric was responsible for his actions. He's an individual and HE is responsible for HIS actions, no one else. But if the company knows who he is, they should take the high road and identify him. According to reports, they deny any knowledge of this person.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    In your opinion, what could the thief say (his story) that would make this act okay in your book?

This has nothing to do with friends or family until they pull up to a road side stand and remove a picnic table from the owner's facility without paying for it. At that point in time, any friend or family of mine would be held to these same standards. A thief is still a thief, regardless of who they are or relationship to me.

A criminal is a criminal.

There are many stories told if true could account for his behavior. However, at this point they are just conjecture. So, I am withholding judgment. He brought the items back, so I want to know why.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    There are many stories told if true could account for his behavior. However, at this point they are just conjecture. So, I am withholding judgment. He brought the items back, so I want to know why.

I would bet somebody recognized him from the Facebook post and let him know he'd been caught.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Nowhere did I ever mention that Cove Electric was responsible for his actions. He's an individual and HE is responsible for HIS actions, no one else. But if the company knows who he is, they should take the high road and identify him. According to reports, they deny any knowledge of this person.

And they may very well be telling the truth. The company I work for full-time gives shirts out regularly. They don't ask for names, take photos and file the info away just in case someone breaks the law wearing one of those shirts.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    As far as the story that this guy does not work for Cove Electric, I have my doubts. The guy is extremely large. I'd say that he probably wears a 4XL shirt. What's the likelihood that this guy found a Cove Electric shirt in 4XL at a yard sale/flea market/second hand store? I think it's more believable that this guy IS or WAS their employee, so they probably know who he is. They are in damage control mode right now and unless pressed for the truth, they're going to keep to this story.

could be former employee that got let go because of sticky fingers... I still wear some of my former employers shirts some for around the house tasks like painting, and some of the nicers ones I wear out when I just need a throw on golf shirt.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Maybe the owner's BIL borrowed it for a picnic, sent a friend to pick it up and return it, and didn't think it would be missed for a day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom