• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    Did you know that if you hold a valid Type 03 (C&R) licesnse that you can write the Maryland State Police requesting exemption from one gun per month for C&R purchases ?

I did and received a letter from MSP stating exemption.

Now, whether it will be honored is another question.

sbarber7973

Certified Fat Bastard
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2007
    Hyattsville, MD
    I thought the collector status through Maryland was good enough

http://www.mdsp.org/downloads/Collector_Application_Affidavit.pdf

this is what was included on my letter from MSP after I filled out that form

"This is to inform you that your request to be a collector has been approved. This information has been entered in our system and will exempt you from the one regulated firearm in 30-day law. In addition, you will no longer be required to complete the application for Multiple Purchase of Regulated Firearms (MSP form 77m)"

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Did you know that if you hold a valid Type 03 (C&R) licesnse that you can write the Maryland State Police requesting exemption from one gun per month for C&R purchases ?

I did and received a letter from MSP stating exemption.

Now, whether it will be honored is another question.
    I have not had to use mine yet, but from what I understand when you fill out the MD form when buying a handgun or two you sign under threat prosecution if you lie that you are a designated collector in the state of MD. I think they check at the MSP to see if you really are and it has nothing to do with the dealer. As long as you check that box saying you are a collector I think it is out of the dealer's hands.

By the way, I think you could have been desiganted as a collector even without the 03 FFL.

Congrats on your C&R and your designation. Have fun :)

ke3gk

HAM from U.N.C.L.E.
    Aug 27, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I did mine a few years ago so since old age is setting in I had forgotten that I did fill out the form that Sbarber noted ... I thought I just wrote a letter ... I guess now that memory is working a little I do rememeber that ... I haven't used it (that I can remember) but it is cool to have it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I have not had to use mine yet, but from what I understand when you fill out the MD form when buying a handgun or two you sign under threat prosecution if you lie that you are a designated collector in the state of MD. I think they check at the MSP to see if you really are and it has nothing to do with the dealer. As long as you check that box saying you are a collector I think it is out of the dealer's hands.

By the way, I think you could have been desiganted as a collector even without the 03 FFL.

Congrats on your C&R and your designation. Have fun :)

It's all in a database, it does get checked at Jessup when they get your app. I have heard about some retailers, however, Bass Pro for instance, that will not take your word for it and will only let you apply for more than one handgun at a time if you actually show them a copy of the letter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom