• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gummy

May 16, 2009
    Eden
    Automatic assault weapons?
    They really didn't listen to a single word of testimony, did they?

I wish we could all afford to buy a dozen machine guns and the ammo to feed them everyday at the range:party29:. I can't believe they still write and say that stuff!

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    I had about 10. Hough out of courtesy telling how he fought and a bunch from Middleton and the others telling how they voted against it even though several helped kill our amendments or voted for cloture after winning hard negotiated amendments. Two I will whole heartedly oppose and one I will have to see about and how the 2A community wants to deal with him as he has been an outright ally in the past who folded under what was probably immense pressure.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I wish we could all afford to buy a dozen machine guns and the ammo to feed them everyday at the range:party29:. I can't believe they still write and say that stuff!

Nope. They didn't care. We need to affect the next election. They need to know who did it. They will be a whole lot more attentive after that.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I had about 10. Hough out of courtesy telling how he fought and a bunch from Middleton and the others telling how they voted against it even though several helped kill our amendments or voted for cloture after winning hard negotiated amendments. Two I will whole heartedly oppose and one I will have to see about and how the 2A community wants to deal with him as he has been an outright ally in the past who folded under what was probably immense pressure.

No pressure should EVER cause someone to vote against something enumerated in a document as sacred as the Bill of Rights. Only the 10 Commandments can rival the BoR in importance to our Nation.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    I got this email from Pamela G. Beidle. Not everyone voted for SB281.

"Dear (Stealthbmbr):

Thank you for contacting me. The 2013 Maryland General Assembly has come to a close. It was a very difficult session filled with important, controversial issues. I am truly looking forward to a break from the action.

The Governor’s Firearm Safety Act legislation (SB 281/HB 294) caused controversy in both the House and Senate. I voted “No” on this bill. While I did not disagree with the entire bill, I did disagree with the list of guns that were banned. The bills passed both the House and the Senate with the same amendments. The good news is that the State Police will have a new facility and technology for the licensing operation. They currently work in a facility that has no windows and one fax machine. It is my opinion that a referendum question on this issue is highly probable. My office heard from over 800 citizens in opposition to the Firearm bill and about 20 people in support of the bill that I represent in District 32. We heard from thousands of others in opposition from around the State.

The Governor’s Budget included 25 million to increase school security across the State including funds to support the Center for School Safety under the auspices of the Maryland State Police. Anne Arundel County School security is far ahead of other counties and other states. Earlier in the session, we had a Delegation presentation from the Board of Education and the Anne Arundel County Police Department regarding school security. Our security systems includes: video buzzers at every school, and Police Resource Officers at all high schools and 6 of our middle schools. The Anne Arundel County Public School Officials have been invited to speak to other school systems, both in state and out-of-state to present the security program that we already have in place.

If you are interested in the outcome of any other bill, the status can be found on the General Assembly website: http://mgaleg.maryland.gov or you may contact my office.

I appreciate your comments and opinions that you share with me. During the interim my office returns to part-time, my Legislative Assistant Nancy Crawford will be available generally on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Please continue to stay in touch and be sure to include your full name and mailing address.

My contact information is: Pamela.beidle@house.state.md.us or (410)841-3370.

Thank you for allowing me to serve as your representative in the House of Delegates, it is truly my honor.

Pamela G. Beidle
    Delegate, District 32
    (410)841-3370
    Environmental Matters Committee
    Subcommittees:
    Environment
    Housing and Real Property"

While she may have voted against the bill, she didn't support any amendment that would have made the bill harder on criminals and easier on lawful citizens.

Before you start drinking anything she offers, check out how she voted on the amendments and not just the bill as a whole.

paulstitz

Jun 19, 2010
    Cockeysville
    In my mailbox waiting for me this evening was two letters with Maryland seals on the return address. One from Delegate Ronsenberg and the other from Senator Kelly. Suspecting a bunch of us is going to get these over the weekend, I'll put mine up:

First, from Delegate Ronsenberg - a regular letter:

April 9, 2013​

Dear Mr. <Ouhuzo>

Thank you for your email regarding the protection of the Second Amendment. While I believe in the importance of our personal liberties, I also believe that personal safety is of the utmost importance.

In response to the concerns that the 2nd Amendment would be violated by these restrictions, I rely upon Justice Antonin Scalia's opinion in the case striking down a District of Columbia statute because it violated an individual's right to posess and use a firearm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.

"From Blackstone through the 19th-century cases," the Justice writes, the law was understood to mean that the Second Amendment "was not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsover in any manner whatsover and for whatever purpose...Nothing in our opinion should be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in senitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commerical sale of arms."

I voted for Senate Bill 281 because it will reduce the risk of deadly violence upon innocent children and others. Maryland will be a safer place with stricter laws on who can purchase guns and a prohibition on automatic assault weapons. This legislation will also restrict acess to guns by individuals who have been committed for treatment of mental illness. In response, in part, to legislation that I introduced, Governor O'Malley budgeted an addition $5 million in services to the mentally ill before they reach the crisis stage.

Again, thank you for sharing your view with me on this important issue. Please do no hisitate to contact me about additional matters of concern.

Yours truly,
    Samuel I. "Sandy" Rosenberg
    41st Legislative District​

---------

The other is a mere newsletter from Senator Kelley titled: "Baltimore County Senator Delores G. Kelly 10th Legislative District 2013 Post Session Newsletter"

Issues on Which We Recieved the Most Communications Included:

2) Gun Safety Legislation, with SB 281, being the major piece of legislation, I recommend that constituents go to the Maryland General Assembly website and print a copy of the "Fiscal Note" for Senate Bill 281. The Bill deals with so many relevant situations and details that the "Fiscal Note" is 35 pages long. The Bill specifies the types of guns prohibited after October 1, 2014 for sale to new purchasers, but not prohibited to pre-existing owners. The Bill describes a new licensing scheme and the categories of persons exempted from licensing. The Bill specifies restrictions on possession of certain ammunition that has high magazine capacity, as well as certain duties an drequirements of firearms dealers.
    There are mental health provisions, background check provisions, and possession prohibitions bases unpon a person's criminal background, if any. The Bill provides a great detail regarding what is, and is not a "regulated" firearm under Maryland law, as well as a summary of federal law, also applicable to gun sales by licensed firearm dealers.

Maryland is one of five states with any any firearms training requirements. Maryland also requires that owners of lost or stolen guns or ammunition file timely reports with the Maryland State Police. I voted for SB 281 since state and national polls show that 90% of all Americans favor additinoal gun safety, including universal background checks, and since all of our Constitutional rights have to also be balanced against the the need for public safety and the common good.

------

Okey, can anyone tell me where in SB281 that machineguns are any more banned that they are already? I have to read Del. Ronsenberg's letter twice to make sure I wasn't making a typo.

And how Justice Scalia's opinion is really being twisted to where now the 4th Circus considers the entire state a "senitive place," post-Heller?

And that the ongoing national "pity party" didn't cloud the Delegate's and Senator's judgment to ignore Ben Franklin's admomition that "[t]hey who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."?

And the law-biding voter is to be registred and fingerprinted like sex offenders and pay a poll-tax to exercise their fundamenal right just before the 2014 election? Way to go to remind the voter, if true!

And Sen. Kelley's "reliance" on a far-left university poll for her belief that Maryland's criminals and armed citizenry are the same thing? You know, the one we found but nobody else is mentioning: http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=115258&highlight=source+90%

Boys and girls, these are going to be the talking points the Anti's are setting up for the upcoming elections, so we need to do our opposition research duty and support our DINO candidates in the primaries.

Is the start date (October 1, 2014 ) correct?

Ouhuzo

Mar 2, 2013
    Is the start date (October 1, 2014 ) correct?
    You know it's wrong, and I know it's wrong, but the editor of the newsletter that left it at 2014 needs to turn in his/her 1st Amendment license. After all, the collective good trumps fundamental individual rights, Right?

Got one today from Senator Verna Jones-Rodwell crowing how she "sponsored or co-sponsored several critical pieces of legislation passed, that will enhance the economic stability, social viability and physical infrastructure development throughout the Baltimore Metropolitan Region...".

The only blurb she mentions about SB281 is "At the top of the list of controversial bills, this legislation modifies the regulation of firearms, firearms dealers, and ammunition, as well as applies mental health restrictions on the possession of firearms."

From the three pieces of mail it looks like the memes the Anti's are going to use is that SB 281 is doing "something for" mental health and the "90%" (this needs to be Alinskied as it's spreading on the national talk-shows). Nevermind trampling on the rights of the law-abiding because we all know law-abiders are nutters in hiding but our intrepted law-makers are not arresting all the Brady criminals they find.

Oh, did anybody catch the "Chuck Brooks Platinum Hour" on WCBM today with AG Doug Gansler as the guest? I only got the last five minutes where Gansler is insisting that the 2nd Amendment meant a collective right only and shielding himself behind the "I don't make the laws, I just enforce them" meme (aka the "Nuremberg defense"). He sounded somewhat rattled in those last five minutes of the show. Can someone supply a synopsis what went down?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom