• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Recently I got a couple steel reset targets for airgunning. One is a rat target and the other crow. They feature a small metal disc in the center with smaller apertures to make the target disc smaller. I set the crow at 25 yards and the rat at 10 yds and spent a couple hours shooting with my Weihrauch HW30S in .177 cal. Anyway, it is great practice for field shooting and working at adjusting the scope to distance. I had about 30 minutes before work to sit out in the backyard and tune up on sparrows and starlings. I smoked a sparrow off the garage roof over the weekend and this morning I got two more at around 15-20 yds. Also made a good shot on a starling at around 25-30 yds. It makes it easy after practicing with the steel targets. I also use a archery range finder to pre-determine range settings. Once those are set, it helps make the fine adjustments on scope distance and you know how much hold over to apply. The house sparrows are easy, while the starlings seem to spook if you are not careful.

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    54rndball,,,,,,,,,, 1. I like your Avatar. 2. I like your Josie Wales quote. One of my favorite lines in that awesome movie.

I have a customer who called to ask me to rid her eaves of some bird nuisances. Doubt I will be shooting any though.

Thanks! Good to know you appreciate the finer things in life.:party29:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom