What's the worst thing you found in your food?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rambler

Doing the best with the worst.
    Oct 22, 2011
    When I was a kid, we got a can of mushrooms that had a chunk of cow/horse tail hair in it. They grow them in "sterilized" poo but yuk.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    A plastic shard from a salt shaker. Apparently, a "cook's shortcut" when out of packaged salt is taking salt shakers, smashing them on the counter to break them and dumping the contents into whatever is being prepped (in this case, refried beans for TexMex food at LAX)...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Was it "squishy" in texture? If so it was probably the cartilaginous end of a bone. Aside from shape in the most general sense, that doesn't really look like a tooth.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County

Attachments

• 20211008_191217.jpg
      20211008_191217.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 202

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Wasn't squishy at all. Was definitely a tooth. Enamel was dulled from boiling in the broth, i hope for days!

Looked like a smaller version of this. Apologies for the sideways pic.

https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=323963&stc=1&d=1633748812

Would love to see it in person for sense of scale and anatomy. If a tooth, the underlying dentin layer shouldn't have simply have boiled away, regardless of if it were boiling for hours or days without some significantly acidic mix which would render a meal impossible and which would have also impacted the enamel. It's hypothetically possible, but it would be really odd to see only the enamel "shell" of a tooth. A bunch of really improbable stuff would need to happen first.

Edit to get this post back on point with both possibilities accounted for and run to ground:

A) it is a tooth - Why TF is there an enamel shell of a tooth in my food? Hydrochloric acid is in the broth? F this, I'm not eating here ever again.
    B) it isn't a tooth - then what TF is is? Slightly more acceptable, but F this, I'm not eating here ever again.

Unacceptable or gross either way.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    How do you mess up deep frying chicken?

With skill? I had the same thing happen at an OC restaurant. Got a chicken sandwich, bit in and it was raw AF inside. Only way I can figure how you could manage it was if they were using frozen and not fresh chicken as the center was actively COLD (or at least not defrosted).

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    With skill? I had the same thing happen at an OC restaurant. Got a chicken sandwich, bit in and it was raw AF inside. Only way I can figure how you could manage it was if they were using frozen and not fresh chicken as the center was actively COLD (or at least not defrosted).

Only thing i can think of for fast food place is they dropped a frozen piece later in with the stuff that was cooking and you happen to get that piece.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Remembered another one: eating at a German restaurant one time, and I find a long black hair in my food. I found it because it was in my mouth. But, I was still hungry, so I thought I'd eat around that part, so I checked around....yup, 5 more matching hairs.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Just imagine all of the unintended ingredients every one of us has eaten in food, without detecting them... :sad20: The odds of it happening more than once is multiplied if you often eat pre-packaged/pre-prepared/fast food.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    1. A crushed cigarette butt at the bottom of a bowl of rice at the venerable, now-closed Yenching Palace on Connecticut Ave.

2. A bright red polished fingernail in an ice cream scoop.

3. A nut (hardware) in a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. I wrote a letter, they sent me a coupon for a can of soup.

But, it's what you don't find that's really scary.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    1. A crushed cigarette butt at the bottom of a bowl of rice at the venerable, now-closed Yenching Palace on Connecticut Ave.

2. A bright red polished fingernail in an ice cream scoop.

3. A nut (hardware) in a can of Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup. I wrote a letter, they sent me a coupon for a can of soup.

But, it's what you don't find that's really scary.

Its an allowable amount....*yikes*

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    Both of these are from over 20 years ago. Not as bad as some of the stories in this thread, but both were intentional IMO.

A. Fly baked into a slice of pizza. It waa melted/cooked into the cheese.

B. In college I found a ball of plastic wrap inside a biscuit.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    My friend found a big hair ball in the bottom of a Tropicana OJ jug. They found it after they drank more than half of the juice in the jug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom