• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Really? Anyone credible using peer reviewed studies?

Given the shenanigans of the Global Warming bunch, and the acolytes of Dr Weathervane Fauci, finding "peers" who are not contaminated by fiscal/political pressure, while excluding the compromised, might be beyond our capability at this time.

It's a sad day when you can no longer trust the scientists.

BTW, here's a link to a scientist whose lecture on climate and the potential for life on other planets was cancelled because his views on other topics were found to be unworthy:

https://rightandfree.com/news/2021/10/12/the-new-victim-of-cancel-culture-science?utm_campaign=RFMain&utm_source=RFMain-20211013&utm_medium=email

Even MIT has fallen into the Woke Hole.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    Best example of a False Equivalence I've seen in some time. Most of those holding out on the vaccine are doing so as a protest to mandated vaccinations. You know, standing up for freedoms not to be taken away, "if you give them an inch they'll take a mile", incremental laws--all the reasons gun owners use against unreasonable government intervention.
    Many scientists claim that 30-50% immunized is enough to develop herd immunity. A previous poster said that most Americans are vaccinated-so we should be good, heh?

Any citations would be wonderful, thanks.

"Gun to your head" is a common turn of phrase for being forced to do something, lets not be intentionally dense here.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    The communists aren't even hiding any longer. Another one on the block list... buh bye

I wonder if this is directed at me, a free American exercising my own free choice to do something. I guess everyone is free to have their own definition of "commie".

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    Cynically , if something I thought was a good idea suddenly becomes Promoted by ( fill in blanks ) , I make a careful reexamination to make sure if I'm overlooking something , or they're overlooking something . Both have happened .

This is a totally fair point, and I have done the same thing myself. The fans of a thing can definitely ruin that thing for me.

Getting vaccinated is not one of those things for me.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    Given the shenanigans of the Global Warming bunch, and the acolytes of Dr Weathervane Fauci, finding "peers" who are not contaminated by fiscal/political pressure, while excluding the compromised, might be beyond our capability at this time.

It's a sad day when you can no longer trust the scientists.

BTW, here's a link to a scientist whose lecture on climate and the potential for life on other planets was cancelled because his views on other topics were found to be unworthy:

https://rightandfree.com/news/2021/10/12/the-new-victim-of-cancel-culture-science?utm_campaign=RFMain&utm_source=RFMain-20211013&utm_medium=email

Even MIT has fallen into the Woke Hole.

There is definitely such thing as dishonest scientists, as all scientists are people, and people are prone to dishonesty. However, writing off all scientific papers as leftist rags promoting an agenda is also disingenuous.

Herd immunity numbers for other similar coronaviruses, flus, and respiratory viruses transmitted by aerosol and by droplets all seem to land in the 80-90% range. It doesn't take a huge leap of logic or faith to think that this particular virus would be similar.

USArmyJoe

Pretty good shot
    Oct 5, 2021
    AA County
    3 more posts to reach 50. That's science we all understand.

I'm happy to delete the multiples if I can go back and combine them. Is there a way to quote-reply to multiple posts? I am not 100% familiar with all the buttons - as you can see, I am a bit new here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom