Missouri bill bans all federal gun control, taxes and stamps.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    This will be an interesting experiment.

If I read this right, and if it passes, it would mean no tax stamps, no regulations on barrel length, or even regulations on full-auto or supressors. It also prevents any registration or licensing which infringes on 2A in any way.

A provision of the bill also states that federal officers who try to enforce federal firearm laws within the state are subject to arrest.

Predicably, the bill is not supported by law enforcement, and is also, surprisingly, not supported by the NRA (wtf?), according to the article.

Hopefully, this will pass and the citizens of Missouri (looking at you, St. Louis) behave themselves so other states will follow suit.

http://thesentinel.net/politics/mis...yKK31ZT6zdgZhwjBL26reFj_6alTDMCK9U0hb2p62po1k

I really want to move to Missouri if that passes.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    And NOAA is in MO and my wife could transfer to MO as well..Things that make you go hmmmmmmm.

FYI I know this is off topic and has nothing to do with firearms but do you guys and gals know that Tow trucks are considered emergency vehicles and can run Red/Blue lights and a siren if requested by a police or fire dept agency to "expedite" to a call...

Tebonski

Jan 23, 2013
    Harford County
    Would probably lose in federal courts but hopefully would be tied into sanctuary states protections and invalidate them too. Wouldn't that be ironic if the Democrats own device was used against them? Thank you Missouri!

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Would probably lose in federal courts but hopefully would be tied into sanctuary states protections and invalidate them too. Wouldn't that be ironic if the Democrats own device was used against them? Thank you Missouri!

Yeah I keep rolling my eyes that people in California think Federal Law only matters if it is in line with their political opinions. We can't have a sanctuary from dumb second amendment infringements but they can have all the weed and sanctuary cities they want.

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD

Other than criminalizing federal government actions, I don't see why it would lose in court. It is the same logic as the "sanctuary state" policies. (Just keep your Missouri-based non-NFA SBRs away from federal installations.)

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    FYI I know this is off topic and has nothing to do with firearms but do you guys and gals know that Tow trucks are considered emergency vehicles and can run Red/Blue lights and a siren if requested by a police or fire dept agency to "expedite" to a call...
    How do you figure?

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Isn’t this similar to the case from?kansas? That’s working it’s way through courts now?

The state removed its regulation to NFa and a couple guys mad suppressors. And a guy bought them.

I believe that the guys were found guilty and are appealing.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Isn’t this similar to the case from?kansas? That’s working it’s way through courts now?

The state removed its regulation to NFa and a couple guys mad suppressors. And a guy bought them.

I believe that the guys were found guilty and are appealing.

If I remember right, the issue was that they took the supressors out of state.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    I don’t think so. Maybe another article has that detail, but no mention here.

https://amp.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article126014949.html

And so the claim is that the feds are good because of the tax authority.

Ok so as far as new FA stuff, that’s banned. Post 86, so there is no tax on that. So building NEW FA, auto sears stuff, dias, etc should be ok?

Much like the ruling on Obama care. If there is no tax, then the authority is gone. And unconstitutional?

https://apnews.com/91541e86b9894ef28db49c75c52c3461

If I remember right, the issue was that they took the supressors out of state.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    I love the idea and agree this is how it should be but I don’t see this working for them if they pass it. The FFL is a Federal license and is required to purchase firearms from firearm distributors and manufacturers. An FFL is also required to manufacture firearms. There MAY be some argument under this law for firearm manufacturing companies or stores that only sell to/buy from companies that are based in MO and only do business in MO but the FFL holders wouldn’t be able to get or keep their FFLs and operate under this law. Pickin’s would be slim at your local gun store to say the least.

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    Actually you can manufacture without a license if you don’t intend to sell. For your own personal use. NOT FOR SALE. Fed law.

So making an auto seer would be one point.

A firearm from an 80 lower. This is legal without an ffl now, if you are not making the gun with intent to sell. Only personal private use. By fed Law.

Then combining. And mixing with state law. Like Missouri and Kansas.

No state regulation against personal manufacture. Of either item above, and the fact the because new FA is banned by the feds, their taxing authority would not exist.

So apply the Obama care ruling, without a tax, fed mandate is unconstitutional and add in the sports wagering ruling, if there are no state laws against gaming, things are ok.

Then again, what do I know I am not a lawyer!!!!

I love the idea and agree this is how it should be but I don’t see this working for them if they pass it. The FFL is a Federal license and is required to purchase firearms from firearm distributors and manufacturers. An FFL is also required to manufacture firearms. There MAY be some argument under this law for firearm manufacturing companies or stores that only sell to/buy from companies that are based in MO and only do business in MO but the FFL holders wouldn’t be able to get or keep their FFLs and operate under this law. Pickin’s would be slim at your local gun store to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom