• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    I was shocked to even see this proposed In pa.

Meh. Not really, there's always at least a few Democrats in every state that come up with sh1t like this every year. It's politics.

Obviously it doesn't go very far in the most conservative voting states.... for the time being.

I think besides Red Flag law, PA State hasn't passed "gun control" for years and years.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    cut & pasted from another forum:

Gotta love how a fundamental personal right is subject to forfeiture by simple decision of the State Police. So much for those other Bill of Rights protection...I seem to recall something about due process that requires an adversarial process...

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    cut & pasted from another forum:

Quote:
    If the State Police rejects the person's application, then they will have ten days to appeal the decision. The owner must turn their firearms into the State Police within three days of receiving notification of the rejection. If a person does not appeal the decision within ten days, their right is forfeit.

Can you imagine if MSP's Bonnell got a hold of this process. It would be his wet dream!

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Quote:
    If the State Police rejects the person's application, then they will have ten days to appeal the decision. The owner must turn their firearms into the State Police within three days of receiving notification of the rejection. If a person does not appeal the decision within ten days, their right is forfeit.

Can you imagine if MSP's Bonnell got a hold of this process. It would be his wet dream!

Taxes will be raised to buy him and frosh new sheets and boxes of Kleenex

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    This has been pushed every session for at least a decade, always with 0 chance of passing the republican held senate and assembly. The slumlord dems and media must have gotten marching orders to push it this year, must be trying to shakedown Bloomberg and Soros for more donations, although this type of attention usually benefits the republicans.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Gotta love how a fundamental personal right is subject to forfeiture by simple decision of the State Police. So much for those other Bill of Rights protection...I seem to recall something about due process that requires an adversarial process...

Right out of the Weimer Republic. The Nazis didn't need new gun control laws because those passed by Weimer Republic did all that they needed.

When I see license to own under threat of confiscation, goes right back to Germany Weimer/Nazi regimes.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    i just can't believe all the absolute crap that is being put forth in pa and elsewhere. how about let's just let otherwise law-abiding citizens remain free and put and keep the actual violent offenders in jail. damn it's getting old, and frustrating, seeing all this crap being thrown at us every day.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    The most accurate description of PA is a miniature version of America as a whole. Libturds on the left side (Pittsburgh) and libturds on the right side (Philly) and mostly America (with a few isolated exceptions) in the middle. So far, the middle part has been big enough to stay alive despite the blue tumors. Bloomturd demands political theater in return for his paychecks.

PS it was actually Gov. Corbett (R) who had to raise the fuel tax (to the highest in the nation!) because a bunch of (D) had stolen all the transportation funds for their pet projects. That's mostly why he was only one term.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Pittsburgh on one side, Philadelphia on the other and Kentucky in the middle.

Don't believe me? head up towards Williamsport. It's like stepping back in time, these type of folks don't respond well to being told what to do and what not....

Tankfixr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Harford County
    As with MD, PA is run by two or three jurisdictions; Philly, Pittsburgh. Harrisburg. I was born in Luzerne County which went for Trump after twice voting for O’Bummer. The state worries me.

Small world, I was born in Wilkes-Barre and raised in Hanover Township. Like you I have seen the Commonwealth change a lot since those days.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    I was driving around the Lewistown/Mifflintown/McClure area today in Pennsylvania. Fat chance in hell that part of PA's gun owners would comply with any further gun control laws up there.

And that area was just a small snippet of larger PA. As well as the rest of the country (including maryland).

I think many of us get accustomed to being behind the keyboard so much; that we forget what reality is on the ground out there.

There's a whole lot of "will not comply" out there. And they are not wearing T-shirts mind you... :innocent0

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I am going to make the wild assumption that separate fingerprints must be submitted with the form for each gun. I will further assume that they will not let you use an index card and ink pad. Think of the costs for even a small collection. How many years would you need to own a basic gun before you have spent more on the registrations than you did on the gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom