• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    If they'd been smart, they would have gone shall-issue years ago and milked it for a revenue stream.

To them, keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens is more important than all the money in the world.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    People also said DC would never be shall-issue, or be shall issue after MD, and the Supreme Court would never take another gun case.... MD will be shall issue in the next 2 years.

But there's a VERY strong rumor that a certain AG begged a certain other AG in DC to ACCEPT the ruling to prevent AG#1's state from being forced to become "Shall Issue" as well. That to me implies intent at the state level. :innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think DC AG Racine admitted that Frosh asked him to not appeal and so he did not appeal it to prevent a possible loss at SCOTUS.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I think DC AG Racine admitted that Frosh asked him to not appeal and so he did not appeal it to prevent a possible loss at SCOTUS.

Ironically, he should have appealed. The ruling he would have got then, with Kennedy, would have been far more limited than the ruling we will get now. lolololol :whip: Frosh cant lose for losing, what an idiot.

No seriously, I wish him a long life and a re-election. the longer he is AG, the bigger the asshat he will make himself.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Has your case been heard yet?

The case has been heard but i have not been notified yet .

But if you want an honest opinion , it was decided the same day . I do want to stay hopeful but there are a lot of things that point me into that direction .

I am not comfortable in saying here on an open forum

Received notification today in the mail , it is not favorable for me . It is IMHO a extension of the MSP's answer really no changes .

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Received notification today in the mail , it is not favorable for me . It is IMHO a extension of the MSP's answer really no changes .
    Lovely. Means I'm not wasting my time and money just to be SOL.

Mission accomplished MGA, I was already too timid about my restrictions to carry most of the time anyway.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Back to the old MSP rubber stamp

Well , I had that feeling going in reading the judge . I was trying to keep a positive outlook .

If you put a Red Shirt on the judge they would not look out of place , they were trained by the MSP never did ask the other side for any information to get a fair and balanced data .

I am disappointed but not shaken , this stuff is just a pimple on my azz to be honest .
    But the State of Maryland are some underhanded bastards IMHO

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    You know Damn well the MSP LD, Troopers who regularly testified on behalf of the State including those that practice law without a license are getting a nice laugh from this.

Thumb in the eye of the regular working man if you ask me. Total kick to the balls and spit in the face from our Legislators. They knew exactly what they were doing with this "emergency" ********.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    You know Damn well the MSP LD, Troopers who regularly testified on behalf of the State including those that practice law without a license are getting a nice laugh from this.

Thumb in the eye of the regular working man if you ask me. Total kick to the balls and spit in the face from our Legislators. They knew exactly what they were doing with this "emergency" ********.

It is punishment for questioning their authority as the kings & queens of the castle .
    Meanwhile with the other ******** laws they try to pass , and the crap with killing babies that is okay , smoking weed is lawful making more drug dependent Md. citizens .

All of those Delegates are worthless , we don't matter till it's time to pay up with taxes .

shootin the breeze

Missed it by that much
    Dec 22, 2012
    Highland
    Lovely. Means I'm not wasting my time and money just to be SOL.

Mission accomplished MGA, I was already too timid about my restrictions to carry most of the time anyway.

I was too timid to carry as well. Risks were too high if I came up on the wrong side of the popo on the roadside. I let my permit expire. Looks like I rolled the dice correctly with the new rubber stamp no. Guess I'll wait for whatever court case shoves shall issue up Maryland's ass. I'll probably be out of this state before then though.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I'm sure right after the session ends, Hogan will issue an executive order for unrestricted, permitless carry for all.

SCOTUS is our only hope

Hogan is the Toll Governor the real pressing issues while the city is off the chains .
    And the community here pays for all the sins of society .:sad20:

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    As we have seen with the min wage bill, school starting day bill, etc, etc. Hogan really has ZERO power in this state. He couldn't do anything to help even if he wanted to (which I don't think he does)

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    As we have seen with the min wage bill, school starting day bill, etc, etc. Hogan really has ZERO power in this state. He couldn't do anything to help even if he wanted to (which I don't think he does)

With all due respect, this is the ONE thing that Hogan has complete control over. The Secretary works at his his pleasure and could change the POLICY of issuing restrictions 400+ days ago.

And he still can. If this passes and Hogan grows a pair and vetos it will probably be too late in the session for the MGA to override. The board lives on for another year and then Hogan could make a phone call and restrictions cease overnight. The board's workload decreases by 90%, no Wild Wild West scenarios in play and live to fight again next year.

But he won't. Gutless, feckless, ballless Larry.

Last edited:

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish

No i believe he could one of two things, if not both.

1) Direct the MSP to accept self- defense as G&S. While people will say he can't, I believe the statue leaves determining what G&S is up to MSP. So if frosh wanted to sue hogan or the MSP, what grounds would he have? He's going to sue a sister agency for exercising the discretion given to it? I don't think that would fly even here in MD.

or

Have the legislature take action, they only have 2 courses. Either define what G&S IS or give the discretion to some one else. But what other agency would have the infrastructure to handle the permitting process? And if they did define G&S that would actually give us something to use against them in court, as the vagueness works for them now with a hard and fast definition they would be painted in a corner.

2) He could have directed the MSP to stop issuing permits with the BS restrictions all together. That is something that would have been way under the radar and the grabbers might not even known the difference for a good long time.

So to say he couldn't do something isn't exactly true. He chooses not to.

Plus I'll take a token veto that gets overridden at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom