• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bry7451

Oct 21, 2013
    so basically this bill will make us have to register our 80% builds and go thru a handgun background check every firearm we buy here in MD. ?

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    Any further movement in the senate?

It was referred to senate judicial proceedings committee almost 10 days ago. Since then, no movement, no hearing date, nothing.

Its senate counterpart (sb882) hasn't moved since it's hearing a month ago in that same committee.

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    It was referred to senate judicial proceedings committee almost 10 days ago. Since then, no movement, no hearing date, nothing.

Its senate counterpart (sb882) hasn't moved since it's hearing a month ago in that same committee.

When does the 2019 MGA session end? I thought it was this week or next. Do bills often die just because they do not have time to get to them, or will this get jammed in at the 11th hour?

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Other than watching this thread and the MGA webpage, is there any way to find out if there has been any activity on a particular bill?
    Maybe this doorbell. sarcasm.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 6.25.32 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2019-04-02 at 6.25.32 AM.jpg
      21.3 KB · Views: 417

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    When does the 2019 MGA session end? I thought it was this week or next. Do bills often die just because they do not have time to get to them, or will this get jammed in at the 11th hour?
    Lots of bills die in committee or just because there isn't enough time to get to them. The length of session combined with the sheer number of bills some legislators put in is a serious problem, but one that I'm happy to have at the moment.

But yes, if the interest and political will is there they can still jam stuff through at the last minute. It's just that first part which is key- it needs to be a real priority for people who are high up enough in leadership to happen.

Other than watching this thread and the MGA webpage, is there any way to find out if there has been any activity on a particular bill?
    There's a tracker on the MGA website you can set up which will email you every day the status of all bills you designate.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Anybody know if there has been any activity on this today?

From what I have been reading and hearing, nothing is happening with the ghost gun bill. I think the Maryland General Assembly finally pushed too far with gun control and it received an earful.

Who knows, maybe they are doing some back room stuff right now and then they are going to stick it to us at 11:59 tonight.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    From what I have been reading and hearing, nothing is happening with the ghost gun bill. I think the Maryland General Assembly finally pushed too far with gun control and it received an earful.

Yeah, the ear full went something like “We Will Not Comply”. It also flew over Annapolis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom