• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Could be, I'm not supporting any Democrats. Just pointing out that the beloved R party is chock full of hypocrisy.

Oh I agree totally. And nothing has been more disappointing than watching them throw away the trifecta they had for the first two years of Trump. No wall, no significant progress on most conservative issues, not much of anything but a couple of good SCOTUS picks. What a waste. Spineless.

But then we have the D's who were already extremists and are moving even further left and are still responsible for embracing and promoting almost every form of civilian disarmament they can invent, not mention all of the other ruin they have brought upon the state and country.

Aventus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 5, 2016
    Just an FYI everyone, sheriffs and police departments have been serving Protection From Abuse orders that require someone to surrender their guns all the time. Courts order seizure of firearms frequently for numerous reasons. Authorities use exigent circumstances to confiscate firearms before due process already.

This is very common and it's been going on forever with evidence rooms full of legally owned firearms. This Red Flag Law won't change much because people have been losing their gun rights all along for many reasons.

Unfortunately this will make it easier for law enforcement to make mistakes and for some to abuse their authority. I seriously doubt they will be building bigger evidence rooms for more gun confiscations however. Confiscations will likely be faster but most of these situations eventually end up with the same results anyway. Will it reduce some nutcase from harming others, NO.

My gripe is our side always gives up ground without getting anything of value in return. Trump and the Republicans should have attached a national concealed carry law right next to the Red Flag law. More CCW owners will do far more to curb gun violence then this Red Flag law. If we are going to give something, GET SOMETHING!

East2West

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 20, 2013
    Nomalley, Nobama
    Awesome, great, grand, push it through, hopefully as written in Maryland. That should speed up the court process a little bit and hopefully rid all of us of this moronic unconstitutional law. And help filter out a few more RINOS while we're at it.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Carrrrrreeerfullllllllllllllll, you guys are going to upset the red meat crowd here.
    All things Republican are perfectly fine and can be explained away in about 15 easy steps.

OK what is with the strawman and red herring arguments? Can you point to a single post that says "All things Republican are perfectly fine"???

Sure virtually every elected Republican has said somethings that to some others are wrong or inconsistent. That doesn't change the DATA on the voting. Every two year cycle we have hundreds of data points of co-sponsorship events, committee votes, and full votes on gun control related issues in state legislatures and congress?
    you do know that the votes show a clear partisan divide, and one that is more clear today than ever? look at the votes form 20 and 30 years ago. they ran about 75% republican support for 2A and about 25% Democrat support. Today they run 95%:5%

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    If we are going to have red flag laws they should be focused on the person, not objects..
    Exactly. On of the big issues cited is suicide, it comprises most of the lethal harm they claim to be addressing. We know from Australia that actual suicide did not go down at all even with them halving gun access in less than a year.
    https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/he...ustralias-suicide-epidemic-20090820-es3p.html
    Remove guns and you get the same suicide rate, just increase in other means.

When it comes to domestic violence, of course all of us know that the victims of domestic violence tend to be poor women with little access to legal protection and we all want to see them better protected. But if we are going to reduce process to the accused, and make very low thresholds for removing the accused rights (say self protection with a firearm) there is a problem.

If the person is possibly dangerous these orders should be limited to keep away. But if the person has made threats then prosecute them for those threats -- they can still carry them out with a knife.

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    My gripe is our side always gives up ground without getting anything of value in return. Trump and the Republicans should have attached a national concealed carry law right next to the Red Flag law. More CCW owners will do far more to curb gun violence then this Red Flag law. If we are going to give something, GET SOMETHING!

Reciprocity has been held as a blocking/poison pill against UBC and it was effectively used for that. We are getting something for that given it cant realistic pass. Schumer is East coast from may issue jurisdiction and is way less likely to release votes on reciprocity than shall issue state harry Reid was before him.

So I agree we need to get something of value but we cant use reciprocity for multiple tactics.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    I, for one, am shocked that self-serving slime politicians (but I repeat myself) like Trump and Graham support yet further erosion of our natural born rights.

If it saves one life...

Yeah, like the guy that was already gunned down in his own home when agents of the government came to take his guns. Or the first man in the stack that will one day come for someone's guns who would rather die than give up his rights willingly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom