• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    If someone walked up to me asking a bunch of silly questions about my gun, I'd probably answer in some broken form a English/Spanish as well...and no I don't speak Spanish.

Sgt. Psycho

Ultimate Member
    Nov 1, 2009
    It is two different things. With the security company you get your guard card and with your CCW course add official sponsorship of the company and then can carry on those jobs and some wiggle room with to and from those jobs.

I know people who do both just to make sure they have the most coverage. Again this is what I've been told friends who do it, so they could be wrong.

What is funny with the people doing it through the businesses is that they often don't have proper retention holsters for the open carry. This is a terrible idea. The dude who stands outside bank of American in arbutus has a 38 in a leather holster that one dude just grabbed as a joke. Still walks around with it in that, didn't learn.

The Severn Walmart has armed security dressed in all black with the external body armor, big lettered POLICE logos front and back, and security guard badges. No standard issue firearms, they all carry whatever, in Fobus or Uncle Mikes holsters, many with no extra magazines. They are always talking, reading, texting, or watching videos on their phones and pay little to no attention to their surroundings. They are just a free gun waiting to be grabbed by whatever nutcase wants one.

The Nations Bank guards all work for a specific company, and do not advertise as Police. They carry issued S&W Model 66s, with semi-jacketed flat-nosed rounds, 6 in the pistol, and 2 speedloaders. Their non-retention holsters are company issued, and they cannot upgrade with their own. One woman working for them in downtown Baltimore had her gun taken right out of her holster a few years ago, and the company has done nothing to change the policy and fix the issue. The guard I learned all of this from says that they are not allowed to draw their guns unless there is someone with a gun already pointed at them or a bank employee, and then they are supposed to issue verbal commands before shooting. He was trying to get a different job at the time we spoke - I hope he was successful.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    One of the very few things I miss about living in Silver Spring was the widespread availability of papusas.

So good.

I chuckled at a few of these posts, though HAH!.

In seriousness, though, could that have been Gecko45 in the wild?

Indian reservations are the go-to spots for papoosies, or so I'm told.

StanleyJobson

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 28, 2021
    Speaking of Fotays was at Walmart on Friday evening in Germantown. A rather large lady shopping was in a security costume gray and black wearing a CCW badge and a Glock 27 on a duty belt. I don’t think she was wearing the belt the correct way it was just under her chest. In a uber secure Fobus holster. She was clearly off duty but still carrying none the less…

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Speaking of Fotays was at Walmart on Friday evening in Germantown. A rather large lady shopping was in a security costume gray and black wearing a CCW badge and a Glock 27 on a duty belt. I don’t think she was wearing the belt the correct way it was just under her chest. In a uber secure Fobus holster. She was clearly off duty but still carrying none the less…

What's a CCW badge?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    ... The guard I learned all of this from says that they are not allowed to draw their guns unless there is someone with a gun already pointed at them or a bank employee, and then they are supposed to issue verbal commands before shooting. He was trying to get a different job at the time we spoke - I hope he was successful.

I hope they all practice their quick draw techniques at home in the mirror

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    What's a CCW badge?

Has about the same meaning as one of these...

RS-1067.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom