• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Have an 18yo sitting on their a$$ doing nothing? College grad with a worthless degree eating your food?

Tell them it's time to earn an get out!
    OC, USPS just posted CCA positions (3). $18.51hr an if you last 18 months you make it to PTF (fulltime with full benefits but no route.....

Posting closes 7-26. So, apply the odds aren't great they'll get hired but it's a shot.

An for you eatable users. No pee test for CCA's. When you make PTF, there will (might) be one.

The bad, well the under 30 crowd thinks the work is hard. Cry an quit because the Boss doesn't say thank you (that would be a paycheck). Work is hot an tourist are stupid a$$holes.

Tell them to read here:
    https://wp1-ext.usps.gov/sap/bc/web...m_tradeshow_2&sap-client=010&sap-language=EN#

Yes, shops are paying $20 for maids an line cooks now. But those jobs aren't here in the winter.

Since the Western Shore people like dumping on an in Shore threads. Go here to find a job near you:
    https://about.usps.com/careers/search-apply/

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    both our kids are doing this (daughter is in year 3 our son just till school starts). Don’t think it is worth it unless you are making a career of it. They get treated worse than a basic training recruit who slept with the 1sgt’s daughter. 12 to 16 hour days , daughter sometime works 3 weeks in a row without a day off

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    both our kids are doing this (daughter is in year 3 our son just till school starts). Don’t think it is worth it unless you are making a career of it. They get treated worse than a basic training recruit who slept with the 1sgt’s daughter. 12 to 16 hour days , daughter sometime works 3 weeks in a row without a day off

If your daughter is in her third year she is a PTF step B or better (if not a regular). That would be $21.60hr. Anything over 8hr is hr x1.5, anything over 10hr is hr x 2. Plus AL an SL an 1% free TSP an 5% matching.

If she wants a day off that's what sick leave is for:innocent0

As I stated above. The under 30 crowd thinks the work is hard. An quit because a Boss doesn't say Thank you.

The posting I listed is for the Shore 218(42). NO OFFICES ARE WORKING CCA'S, PTF'S OR CARRIERS OVER 12HRS'. CCA's are sent home if they hit 56hrs in a week. I average 59hrs during the summer if working 7 days. Anything over 60hrs the boss gets in trouble.

Thanks for telling people that might need a good paying job(for the Shore) it's not worth it.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    If your daughter is in her third year she is a PTF step B or better (if not a regular). That would be $21.60hr. Anything over 8hr is hr x1.5, anything over 10hr is hr x 2. Plus AL an SL an 1% free TSP an 5% matching.

If she wants a day off that's what sick leave is for:innocent0

As I stated above. The under 30 crowd thinks the work is hard. An quit because a Boss doesn't say Thank you.

The posting I listed is for the Shore 218(42). NO OFFICES ARE WORKING CCA'S, PTF'S OR CARRIERS OVER 12HRS'. CCA's are sent home if they hit 56hrs in a week. I average 59hrs during the summer if working 7 days. Anything over 60hrs the boss gets in trouble.

Thanks for telling people that might need a good paying job(for the Shore) it's not worth it.

No I was saying if it isn't a career you will be pursuing it. Our son was sent to another office to help he was given a route and didn't know the area and was yelled at for not being done by 1800.. Our daughter is still considered part time but just got benefits. The money is great but the bs is a lot. When my wife passed they were calling my daughter 3 days (Sunday) after my wife passed berating her for not coming in.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Current pay scale, steps an COLA:
    https://www.nalc.org/news/research-and-economics/body/paychart-04-10-21-1.pdf

ECI is hiring also. The overtime is so bad the your 42K base hits 100K easy.

I’m so glad I retired from that crap in 2014. 20 years as a T6 city carrier in Leesburg. Got extra pay for being swing man for 5 routes. Apartment complexes are the worst. You do earn your pay. Overtime over 8 hours and double time (V time) over 10. 30 minute lunch with two 10 minute breaks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom