• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I shared a commute with very nice and very beautiful professional woman who raced a 7-second car at 75/80 for years. She has a hell of a trophy shelf. I think she'll be excited to hear the news. I'll be excited to see her...she looks and dresses like a 1940's/1950's movie star. Pencil skirts, heels, the real. deal Sadly her pop and I are the same age.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    The new residents of Urbana and Monrovia will use that to their advantage to shut the place down.

I hope the car guys drive them nuts until that happens.

I live right down the street and back in the day we could hear the announcer on test and tune nights from our house along with the burnouts. My boys and I would hop on the the car and drive up.

I'll be grabbing a steak and ceviche at Wilcoms before heading to the races...can't wait.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I hope the car guys drive them nuts until that happens.

I live right down the street and back in the day we could hear the announcer on test and tune nights from our house along with the burnouts. My boys and I would hop on the the car and drive up.

I'll be grabbing a steak and ceviche at Wilcoms before heading to the races...can't wait.

I’m not far away either. I loved hearing them run on weekend nights.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va
    Flash Back's 75/80...memories, the Rat motored 71 Chevelle SS liked it back
    in the late 70's. good memories. Mason Dixon, Capital, York, etc...
    Had plenty of fun them. Lets see here, Larry, Nelson Grimes, Ronnie Hardsock,
    and some others from back then. Some of the guys from Coleman Brothers.

-Rock

They were THE machine shop supreme in the 60's.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My BIL use to run there way back. We still have the MasonDixon Dragway up the road from us on route 40. Have a good show coming up. If I was only in town!

Attachments

• 8EFBD9DD-DE5B-4015-A06E-4F93E4A2DF25.jpg
      8EFBD9DD-DE5B-4015-A06E-4F93E4A2DF25.jpg
      192.8 KB · Views: 515

Kicken Wing

Snakes and Sparklers
    Apr 5, 2014
    WASH-CO
    My BIL use to run there way back. We still have the MasonDixon Dragway up the road from us on route 40. Have a good show coming up. If I was only in town!

You are right up the road from me! I miss 75/80. I used to go the Bug Out visible show/ races there. I miss Old Dominion too. That was the first Bug-Out that I ever went too back in the late eighties. I hope the new owners of 75/80 can make a go of it. I have seen a YouTube video of a drone flying over the overgrown track.

epps1919

Aug 9, 2010
    SO.MD
    Back in 2001 I Won first place in Pro class at the Annual Bug On in my Dune Buggy It ran 12.90s in a quarter mile IMG_2740.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I vividly remember my first time running at 75/80. I had a slightly modified 12 second Buick Grand National that still had the power disaster brake system. It was an adventure.

*****I still have one of my Grand Nationals that is a very mild build and methanol injected with mostly bolt on parts but some chassis mods to handle a lot more HP and Torque. I never built this one up like the others and it is very streetable and driveable. It's a great sunny day car. It still has the original Powermaster brake setup but I've replaced the nitrogen ball and of course the factory leaky switch, etc... Works great for what it is.

I used to be a regular at 75/80 for test and tune back in the 90's so we could have the cars ready for Englishtown, Beech Bend, Bowling Green and other spots we took the cars for mostly GN versus Mustang grudge matches.

Really cool 75/80 is coming back. I hope it doesn't get shut down by the NIMBY liberals that have now moved into Urbana and Monrovia.

Some old and new pics of GN's I have or had and sold, etc.. I'd love to take my current one to the track and see how it does with such a mild build and a decently prepped track with VHT and my Nitto Drag Radials. I've done a high 1.5 60 ft on MT drags 26X10's using the foot brake with a pretty high boost launch but that was another car with a well dialed rear and adjustable rear arms, etc..

The final wheelstand pic was my friend Ricardo whose stock blocked GN with Champion heads, mini-tub, and proper 4 link suspension was a big hit back in the day. Generally speaking ya don't go fast doing a wheelstand in a race but it looks flippin' awesome for the crowds even though if ya screw up the landing it will take some time to replace suspension components and a bunch of other stuff that bends or breaks... Ricardo's wheelstand pic was a big hit and often used in posters for GN meets and GN/Mustang grudge matches, etc...

I'm glad I still have one of my cars, but it got stupid expensive to keep a pretty fast strip car going through a season, plus trailering, driving, tires, race gas, etc...

75/80 was a really cool venue back in the day...

Attachments

• max3.jpg
      max3.jpg
      119 KB · Views: 516
    • max2.jpg
      max2.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 494
    • max6.jpg
      max6.jpg
      91.5 KB · Views: 479
    • max5.jpg
      max5.jpg
      76.2 KB · Views: 483
    • gn.jpg
      gn.jpg
      59.3 KB · Views: 483
    • max4.jpg
      max4.jpg
      89.2 KB · Views: 488

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Can confirm 1000% there is work happening cleaning it up and out

Attachments

• 0AD5BBED-E9BF-48A0-B8DE-AEDE7A909974.jpg
      0AD5BBED-E9BF-48A0-B8DE-AEDE7A909974.jpg
      91.2 KB · Views: 480

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    I remember the big names at Capitol years ago... Jungle Jim, Malcolm Durham, Prudhom. Garlitz ect and my buddies Nova Lil Rowdy SS/D car.
    Sox and Martin being my favorite... MOPAR Muscle!

How old are you ?? :):) Yep, I also remember those guys. I never ran at 75/80
    but ran several times at Cecil County Dragway and York U.S. 30 Dragway back in the day with a stock '68 Charger R/T with the 440 wedge.
    ( 480 ft/lbs. of torque :thumbsup:)

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    but ran several times at Cecil County Dragway and York U.S. 30 Dragway back in the day with a stock '68 Charger R/T with the 440 wedge.

I ran a bunch of mud bogs up at Cecil in the 80’s

Atrox88

Gold Member
    Jan 7, 2016
    Carroll County
    *****I still have one of my Grand Nationals that is a very mild build and methanol injected with mostly bolt on parts but some chassis mods to handle a lot more HP and Torque. I never built this one up like the others and it is very streetable and driveable. It's a great sunny day car. It still has the original Powermaster brake setup but I've replaced the nitrogen ball and of course the factory leaky switch, etc... Works great for what it is.

I used to be a regular at 75/80 for test and tune back in the 90's so we could have the cars ready for Englishtown, Beech Bend, Bowling Green and other spots we took the cars for mostly GN versus Mustang grudge matches.

Really cool 75/80 is coming back. I hope it doesn't get shut down by the NIMBY liberals that have now moved into Urbana and Monrovia.

Some old and new pics of GN's I have or had and sold, etc.. I'd love to take my current one to the track and see how it does with such a mild build and a decently prepped track with VHT and my Nitto Drag Radials. I've done a high 1.5 60 ft on MT drags 26X10's using the foot brake with a pretty high boost launch but that was another car with a well dialed rear and adjustable rear arms, etc..

The final wheelstand pic was my friend Ricardo whose stock blocked GN with Champion heads, mini-tub, and proper 4 link suspension was a big hit back in the day. Generally speaking ya don't go fast doing a wheelstand in a race but it looks flippin' awesome for the crowds even though if ya screw up the landing it will take some time to replace suspension components and a bunch of other stuff that bends or breaks... Ricardo's wheelstand pic was a big hit and often used in posters for GN meets and GN/Mustang grudge matches, etc...

I'm glad I still have one of my cars, but it got stupid expensive to keep a pretty fast strip car going through a season, plus trailering, driving, tires, race gas, etc...

75/80 was a really cool venue back in the day...

Awesome cars. Mine was actually an '86 T-Type but almost nobody knows what they are so I say Grand National. Burtonsville Machine did a spare motor I had with Champion aluminum heads, 200/200 roller cam, and I added a TE60 turbo, MSD50 injectors, Dequick front mount intercooler, etc. At the time I was using Jay Carter chips but was learning how to do my own. I worked as a Buick parts manager and got to know quite a few of the GN crowd and would give them great pricing on parts. Good times.

JamesDong

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2020
    Duffield, Va

Plenty of hair yet but have been spray painting it gray for 30 plus years. :o The late 60's was the era for muscle cars. I miss those days, Ritchie Hwy was the hot spot in Md plus there was a perfect lonely 1/2 mile straightaway just off Rt 170 in Linthicum by Friendship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom