• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I assume most interested parties rec'd the MSI email regarding MoCo's ill-advised new laws. Depending on how you read the law, legal gun ownership may be impossible in the county.

Maryland Shall Issue, Inc. et al v. Montgomery County, Maryland

On May 28, 2021, Maryland Shall Issue, Engage Armament, ICE Firearms & Defensive Training, and several residents of Montgomery County, Maryland, filed suit against the County, challenging its enactment of Bill 4-21. That Bill criminalizes the mere possession of privately made firearms without providing compensation and redefines the meaning of "place of public assembly" to encompass virtually the entirety of Montgomery County just in order to criminalize otherwise perfectly lawful firearms possession in the home and elsewhere. The suit seeks declaratory and injunctive relief and an award of damages, including punitive damages.

You can read the complaint HERE.
    https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents/summary/4-public-documents/252-msi-v-montgomery-county-complaint

MSI had testified before the Council last winter that Bill 4-21 was a bad idea on many fronts. The Council nonetheless insisted on making criminals of law-abiding people. The County was undeterred by the many Maryland state laws and precedent from the Court of Appeals (Maryland's highest Court) that make clear that localities lack the power to enact new gun laws like Bill 4-21.

MSI will not stand idly by while State or local officials pursue ideological legal vendettas against MSI members and the public. But litigation is never cheap or easy so we rely on YOUR support in order to defend your rights. Don't be a free rider -- donate to MSI or join us today.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Find this article at MarylandShallIssue.org

clint west

Aug 29, 2015
    maryland
    as I read the bill and the MSI update, its in Federal court now but the law went into effect. In addition to anywhere the public can access ( like your driveway) being off limits to self built firearms, the bill defines ghost gun to include an unfinished reciever. This means if you have a piece of metal the same length or width as a receiver in your safe at home, you're guilty.

WokeSwat will declare it to be a 0.1% lower, and your driveway, land, etc is accessible to public so that means your home is included

This weekend, I'll be stamping numbers on everything in my scrap metal bucket and fencing off my entire property. AND of course donating to MSI They are fighting with lawyers for the right of all of us

BurkeM

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2014
    Baltimore
    The litigation costs will rise. Your donations will help MSI carry this fight forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom