• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    Looks like a Dem PAC is looking to drum up support and start a PR campaign FOR the various state gun laws. Got the following email from them:

After the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School, we joined the rest of the country in demanding elected officials take action to make our communities safer from gun violence.

And while Congress has failed to act, some states have stepped up, like Maryland -- where the Firearm Safety Act of 2013 went into law last Tuesday, October 1st.

The bill limits magazine capacity, bans certain types of assault weapons, improves school safety, and keeps guns out of the hands of the dangerously mentally ill.

Will you join our organization, Americans for Responsible Solutions, in thanking Governor O'Malley and the Maryland State Legislature for taking meaningful action that will save lives while respecting the rights of gun owners?

http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/maryland

We've won some meaningful victories in states like Maryland, Delaware, Colorado, and Connecticut. We hope you'll join us as we continue the fight to pass common sense legislation to reduce gun violence.

All the best,

Gabby Giffords & Mark Kelly

The link goes to a web form where you can send a comment. I was tempted to tell them what I really think, but they will likely just use the numbers and say "X people wanted to thank the Governor".

On the main site however, there is a poll that needs to be hit up HARD: [nourl]http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/page/s/poll?source=site-home[/nourl]

These guys have a nicely done site, so hopefully they are thinking about using that poll for something, and we all know what happens when you open it up to more than your private liberal mailing list :)

HIT IT!

Note, I removed the hyperlink from the URL so it will have to be copy/pasted. The reason is that if you click on it from this page, they can see the last page that people came from. Id not want to draw unnecessary attention here to this forum/post, or give them a reason to discount the results for some reason.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    Done. I'm sure whatever minion put the "do nothing" as an available choice will be excommunicated from their cult shortly, but I was happy to take advantage.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Looks like a Dem PAC is looking to drum up support and start a PR campaign FOR the various state gun laws. Got the following email from them:

The link goes to a web form where you can send a comment. I was tempted to tell them what I really think, but they will likely just use the numbers and say "X people wanted to thank the Governor".

On the main site however, there is a poll that needs to be hit up HARD: http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/page/s/poll?source=site-home

These guys have a nicely done site, so hopefully they are thinking about using that poll for something, and we all know what happens when you open it up to more than your private liberal mailing list :)

HIT IT!

They don't really give choices. Just support our position or blank.

anthem4arequiem

Jul 10, 2012
    Lexington Park

On the main site however, there is a poll that needs to be hit up HARD: [nourl]http://action.americansforresponsiblesolutions.org/page/s/poll?source=site-home[/nourl]

HIT IT!

Note, I removed the hyperlink from the URL so it will have to be copy/pasted. The reason is that if you click on it from this page, they can see the last page that people came from. Id not want to draw unnecessary attention here to this forum/post, or give them a reason to discount the results for some reason.

I was just getting on here to post about getting the same email with the same original idea as you. I think if we get enough people on here saying what they really feel this whole thing could blow up in their faces.

And voted to do nothing.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    They don't really give choices. Just support our position or blank.

Yeah, how about a truly national, unbiased 3rd party, highly advertised, uniquely identifiable poll on the 2A with some real questions:

1. Do you believe the 2A provides for individuals to posses firearms inside and outisde of the home? (or similar).

2. Do you believe that instituting further Gun Control legislation will noticeably reduce gun violence?

3. Do you support efforts to bring the US under the UN Small Arms Treaty?

etc

On second thought, maybe we don't want to know what the country thinks on those points :)

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Yeah, no point in writing a letter that is attached to a “Thank You” Message.

Def hit up the “Do nothing” button though.

Les Gawlik

Ultimate Member
    Apr 2, 2009
    I did not check do nothing. The option below was one of the options, and I selected it. A point was made of these numbers by our side during the 281 debate. I think it's about time that prosecutions of ineligible purchasers be increased.
    -----------------------------------

Step up Justice Department prosecutions of felons and others who attempt to purchase firearms but are not lawfully permitted to.
    In 2009, the FBI referred 71,000 cases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), but U.S. attorneys prosecuted only 77.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I did not check do nothing. The option below was one of the options, and I selected it. A point was made of these numbers by our side during the 281 debate. I think it's about time that prosecutions of ineligible purchasers be increased.

Step up Justice Department prosecutions of felons and others who attempt to purchase firearms but are not lawfully permitted to.
    In 2009, the FBI referred 71,000 cases to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF), but U.S. attorneys prosecuted only 77.

I selected that one too.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013

Yeah, I looked at this one too. The key is that it is all in the implementation. This could mean, get the guys who are trying to do straw purchases and charge them with something...thats awesome.

It could also be something like making a disapproved a type of felony. Which for many innocent people would only compound the situation.

The poll is kind of a no-win situation sadly, but glad you put this in there.

I selected the one on Mental health along with "do nothing", but again, all in the implementation.

One thing is for sure, by increasing the number of votes that do not select Mags or AW Ban, the % of people surveyed who support those goes down.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

Address mental illness.

Greater focus on identifying and treating the mentally ill can help society identify and treat those in distress before they commit heinous crimes

I found two answers that I was comfortable with

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013

Address mental illness.

Greater focus on identifying and treating the mentally ill can help society identify and treat those in distress before they commit heinous crimes

I found two answers that I was comfortable with

Good stuff, hopefully the results turn out to be a somewhat proper reflection of public sentiment.........which for their purposes would be completely useless :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom