• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    There are a number of people that recommend a Black Aces shotgun. If they really suck why do so many people recommend them as a budget option

The shotguns are made in Turkey just like the Stoeger.

Hipoints are made in the USA just like S&W.

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    It demonstrates that there were almost no malfunctions in over 400 rounds of continuous firing. This is always more stressful than the round count suggests. Do you shoot a case or more of 12 gauge ammo in a short period of time? I don't believe many people do that.

As stated in the video it is one experience with one gun. There are instances where the M3000 has not functioned reliably. I does not mean the M3000 sucks.

There are a number of people that recommend a Black Aces shotgun. If they really suck why do so many people recommend them as a budget option?

The shotguns are made in Turkey just like the Stoeger.

I was being harsh. you should definitely buy it.

STeveZ

Thank you, Abelard
    Sep 22, 2011
    Aberdeen, MD
    When looking for a low cost 20 gauge semi I chose the Mossberg SA-20 over the similar Weatherby & TriStar models, though all three are well regarded in this segment. All, I believe, are Turkish made Beretta 303 clones. The Mossberg was well made but choked on Winchester Universals and very light reloads. I addressed the latter by boring out the gas ports a very little bit.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Regarding Turk shotguns; I had an interesting development with my TriStar ATAC. Breaking it down recently to clean, I discovered that the magazine tube has started to develop a slight groove where the gas piston slides over it towards the end of it's travel back into battery.

I'm not sure why this is occurring. Maybe the numerous shells of buckshot I was running through it last time. I contacted TriStar and after consultation with them, they sent me a new magazine tube, gas piston and a O-ring for the gas block under the barrel.

I don't keep the magazine tube lubed, just wiped off with G96. I think they're supposed to stay dry to keep the carbon buildup down on them.

IMG-0554.jpg

IMG-0555.jpg

Piston

IMG-0559.jpg

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I am a Beretta/Benelli guy, so my vote goes for the Beretta A300. It can be had for between $700 and $800.

I have used a Beretta 391 for clays since 2002. Only thing I had to do to it was replace a recoil spring and clean out the gas holes in the barrel.

I've used a Benelli SBE since 1997. I've used it so much that the black paint on the inside of the receiver has been worn off from the shells coming out of the magazine and hitting the side of the receiver. Early on in its life I was killing 100+ geese and 100+ doves with it a year. It sucks for clays because it does not like cycling the light loads I feed it.

If I had to stay below $1,000, it would still be a Beretta.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/910821167

When my son finally graduates to a 12 gauge, I will finally be getting a Beretta A400 Black and a Benelli Super Vinci. I am the kind of guy that cannot justify an "upgrade" unless something is broken or the technological advances make it worthwhile. My guess is the only way the 391 and SBE ever get replaced is by my son and daughter(s) graduating to 12 gauge.

Sirex