• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Why does it take 5 months to lay some pipe and cable under a road? :sad20:

The stack of conduit starts about 25' deep, then comes up from there(multiple conduits). In this case, they will be tunneling under railroad tracks.

Last edited:

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Still not convinced that the incompetent idiots need 5 months to dig a trench and run some conduit. We aren’t using shovels and baskets here. :lol2:

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I wonder how much is already in the ground around there that will have to be worked around or relocated.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I wonder how much is already in the ground around there that will have to be worked around or relocated.
    The usual utilities, gas, electric, water, and sewage.
    Everything is pretty much finished as far as the conduit install goes. The R/R crossing is the final hurdle. Once crossed, they will tie into the Nebel St. lines eventually ending up at the new transfer station which I don't think has been built yet(judging by the sparse reporting).

Wangbadan

Big Wang
    Jul 15, 2021
    Why does it take 5 months to lay some pipe and cable under a road? :sad20:

This is what happens when the contracts go to the cheapest bidder!! No one wants to work hard and our taxes pay for the crews to just drink coronas on the job

-big Wang

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The stack of conduit starts about 25' deep, then comes up from there(multiple conduits). In this case, they will be tunneling under railroad tracks.

That should be interesting. What could possibly go wrong?

(Project engineer Murphy in charge - same guy who built the first Silver Spring Metro station.)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    That should be interesting. What could possibly go wrong?

(Project engineer Murphy in charge - same guy who built the first Silver Spring Metro station.)

That's the way the whole project has been done. There's no room to run all that pipe horizontally/side by side. Not with all the other utilities down there. We're not talking about just a couple pipes.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    That's the way the whole project has been done. There's no room to run all that pipe horizontally/side by side. Not with all the other utilities down there. We're not talking about just a couple pipes.

My concern was the weight/vibration from the trains running overhead. You couldn't pay me enough to go into that situation.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My concern was the weight/vibration from the trains running overhead. You couldn't pay me enough to go into that situation.

They'll probably do the stretch directly under the track pneumatically with a piercing tool.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just a friendly reminder. Westbound Randolph road closes today(or tomorrow)between Nebel St. and Parklawn Dr for the next 6 months.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I feel bad for United Gun Shop. There’s no way their business isn’t going to be affected by this.

My buddy is also dreading this. He’s about a half mile from there on Randolph.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom