• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rog951

Mar 6, 2018
    Not far from Frederick
    Since I'm afflicted with Maryland residency, I'm hoping to pick up some at the next Gettysburg show. It's about a month away still - hopefully if I start greasing up now and constantly practice touching my toes, I'll be ready in time!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Have them shipped to a UPS store in PA or VA and have them hold your mags for you. Walk in and pick them upp and you have complied with the King of MD.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Does this really work? Don't you need a PO box there?

Luckily, I've got a son who lives in PA, but I've heard of people doing it for years. I would think that if it didn't work, there'd be enough people beating up the people who recommend it.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Unless you can do some sort of 3rd party payment (if brownells will do that, never tried) both a billing and shipping address need to be out of MD... If you are an exempted person than they will ship them upon receiving a copy of your credential that exempts you from the rules.

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    I've only had one seller not ship to my friend in WV with a billing address in Maryland. That company was based in Maryland (keepshooting.com).
    They shipped my first order for some M1 Carbine magazines, then cancelled my second order.
    Bought "large capacity magazines" from CDNNsports, Global Ordnance, SGAMMO, among many others.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I wouldnt go wild on these mags. I bought a bunch years ago that were in the same wrap. Many were improperly stored. Almost all had major cosmentic blems with a few too corroded to even work well.

Buyer beware. Maybe this batch was stored better but I would want to see some reviews before spending a lot on them.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I remember buying those at the pikesville gun show for $5 in the wrap

Since Pikeville Armory hasn't had a gun show for 15-20 years, I'd say you should sell them now for $10 and double your money.

Better than any bank would have done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom