• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD
    Voted DINO. Now I need to go to confession and atone for my sins.

On a side note, as I walked into my polling place, a very nice lady asked me if I was a Republican or Democrat. I responded "Democrat" and before I could say anything else she said " Well, I don't need to talk to you" lol As I walked out to my car after casting my vote, I wished her a good evening and she responded in kind. I then said that "what I wanted to say to you as I was walking in to vote was, I'm a Democrat for the Primary but a Republican for the General election". "After 32 years of voting Republican I'm tried of not being heard". She looked kinda confused so I went on to explain "operation DINO". It may take a while to catch on (operation DINO) , but with persistence we can change the direction of our State politics. If you haven't done so already, please vote! :party29:

AvidRider

Dec 3, 2010
    Just voted at Oak Manor Elem. at about 4PM. Not a single voter in the place except me (and maybe some dead Democrat ghosts that I couldn't see anyways).

Election Volunteer told me there was probably not even 100 voters all day. :sad20:

BigBossMan

Mar 7, 2013
    Washington County
    They asked me to verify my party affiliation. I threw up a little in my mouth, when I uttered the word Democrat.

Suck it, Frosh. Suck it, Brown. Suck it, Gansler.

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven
    Voted this morning. I find it interesting after reading through the thread and all the comments of poll workers asking party affiliation, that did not happen to me in Frederick County. Anyone from Frederick have that question asked of them?

All they confirmed was name, address, and day/month birthday.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Voted DINO. Now I need to go to confession and atone for my sins.

On a side note, as I walked into my polling place, a very nice lady asked me if I was a Republican or Democrat. I responded "Democrat" and before I could say anything else she said " Well, I don't need to talk to you" lol As I walked out to my car after casting my vote, I wished her a good evening and she responded in kind. I then said that "what I wanted to say to you as I was walking in to vote was, I'm a Democrat for the Primary but a Republican for the General election". "After 32 years of voting Republican I'm tried of not being heard". She looked kinda confused so I went on to explain "operation DINO". It may take a while to catch on (operation DINO) , but with persistence we can change the direction of our State politics. If you haven't voted..please vote! :party29:

Why does leaking information help us? Here is some food for thought... what if we loose?. By showing our hand we let them all know how weak we are. Now what if we win? By showing our hand we give them an out... a way of discounting the results and staying the course.. worse.. we may even encourage those that lose by a close margin to contest the results and even lobby to requite the last date to change parties out to 1 year from the election for non new voters.

And then of course they can do a rino to us..

Hell they could even be encouraged to stay active in the party instead of retire " I will not be driven out by interlopers "

Want Frosh to retire? Or want him back as a paid lobiest for bloomberg .? Give him a way to save face and he will be back and making a mint doing it.

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    Why does leaking information help us? Here is some food for thought... what if we loose?. By showing our hand we let them all know how weak we are. Now what if we win? By showing our hand we give them an out... a way of discounting the results and staying the course.. worse.. we may even encourage those that lose by a close margin to contest the results and even lobby to requite the last date to change parties out to 1 year from the election for non new voters.

Hell they could even be encouraged to stay active in the party instead of retire " I will not be driven out by interlopers "

Want Frosh to retire? Or want him back as a paid lobiest for bloomberg .? Give him a way to save face and he will be back and making a mint doing it.

I don't think there was ever a cat to let out of the bag. You don't think that they haven't heard about the DINO movement....

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    My wife and I voted up at lunch today. The place was empty. That got me a little excited. I hope all you bastards are out there voting today! Dino Strong!

sessojb

Dec 29, 2011
    Churchton, MD

She was for Republicans so I figured I could mention it to her. This wont work if it is a secret and frankly I don't care if they know. I don't want Frosh anywhere near the legislature hence the reason I changed my party affiliation and voted. She seemed interested in the concept so who knows..

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    I don't think there was ever a cat to let out of the bag. You don't think that they haven't heard about the DINO movement....

Im sure the Dems already know about it. The key is letting other voters who feel they have no power to change anything in this state because their vote essentially does not matter.

When I went to renew my license and change to Dino the lady behind the table who was probably in her late 50's early 60's noticeably was disturbed by me changing my party affiliation. So I stopped and posed the question..Rep are so outnumbered your vote doesn't count anyway?! She agreed and I sat down and explained why I was doing what I was doing and her eyes lit up. She had never heard of such a thing but said she would be switching so that she could vote against the crook incumbents that were ruining the state. She also mentioned she may say something to some of her like minded friends who felt the state had gone to pot in an expedited fashion.

Captnstabn

Apr 22, 2010
    Voted this morning. I find it interesting after reading through the thread and all the comments of poll workers asking party affiliation, that did not happen to me in Frederick County. Anyone from Frederick have that question asked of them?

All they confirmed was name, address, and day/month birthday.

They asked me in Frederick county. Kemptown elementary.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Polls are open until 8:00 p.m.

No lines, in and out.

Faster than a car wash, and it might help clean up the entire state.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    DINO vote in 11.

At 2:30 PM there were two voters, eight or so poll workers, and about ten campaign workers outside.

Damn I wish I had recruited more DINO's

ZeroCool

Nov 8, 2006
    New PA Resident...
    Did the deed and voted as a Democrat for the first time ever in my first primary election ever.

Like everyone else said, no line at all. Think there were about 5 voters total (counting us). Spent more time having the (older) voting officials talk to the little ones than actually voting.

Even got the wife to tag along... +2 for Cardin and Gansler :party29:

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.

I think they may, if we are smart about it, have no idea how big it is, and, I think we don't need to help them figure it out.

I think that taking up a pol workers time, depending on how busy they are may keep them from talking with real undecided voters.

I think asking a few questions and playing " stump the chump " on issues that have nothing to do with guns and which they hope no one has noticed may impact the morale of pol workers and campaign staff.

And I think there is no upside to crowing about a win we have not even booked. The main surge will be after work... I think having get out the vote efforts claiming " don't let the Republican s hijack your party " just might increase turnout in a way we may not like statewide esp if the lackeys on TV echo the call for free ... on prime time TV.

I could be wrong... but that's what I think..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom