• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    May the force be with us!

These two Jetty Knights were seen on the Jetty at Sandy Point State Park waving Wolf signs until an unknown leftist called from the Bay Bridge and complained and then a Park Ranger and a DNR Storm Trooper intervened.

My guess it was Frosh returning from his beach house in Rehoboth!

DNR calls in to check for warrants. They had to hand over DLs in case they were on the lam as fugitive sign wavers.

No arrests just the usual MD Govt attempts to stifle free speech again.

Attachments

• B95C7214-407C-44AA-900C-7DDB9A958814.jpg
      B95C7214-407C-44AA-900C-7DDB9A958814.jpg
      101.7 KB · Views: 384
    • 18E4C8D4-B33D-442A-9DBA-EAC49AE57A59.jpg
      18E4C8D4-B33D-442A-9DBA-EAC49AE57A59.jpg
      89.3 KB · Views: 422
    • C1E8570E-E689-4C03-BCB0-A7D12A3E7B4A.jpg
      C1E8570E-E689-4C03-BCB0-A7D12A3E7B4A.jpg
      93.3 KB · Views: 382
    • 7922E615-845E-4862-8C8A-671CD1731CD8.jpg
      7922E615-845E-4862-8C8A-671CD1731CD8.jpg
      85.9 KB · Views: 381
    • C0315B46-334B-49D5-96E0-2ABE56A7998F.jpg
      C0315B46-334B-49D5-96E0-2ABE56A7998F.jpg
      85.5 KB · Views: 374

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    saw a person late last week in the morning at River and Piney MeetingHouse dressed in a Fox costume waving a large Hogan sign. Got a lot of thumbs up and positive honks...

and, as usual massive kudos to Rack and Deep Lurker..I am very honored to call you both friends..

FPL53

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2013
    Frederick
    saw a person late last week in the morning at River and Piney MeetingHouse dressed in a Fox costume waving a large Hogan sign. Got a lot of thumbs up and positive honks...

and, as usual massive kudos to Rack and Deep Lurker..I am very honored to call you both friends..

My wife also drove passed that guy. She thought it was a guy dressed as a werewolf.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    DNR claimed there is a law against political demos on state property.

Since they claimed a violation, I'm sure an investigatory stop was legal and therefore a check on wants and warrants was also legal.

But no arrests. Just the usual harassment of peaceful citizens exercising their 1A rights again.

IANAL or a LEO.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    DNR claimed there is a law against political demos on state property.

Since they claimed a violation, I'm sure an investigatory stop was legal and therefore a check on wants and warrants was also legal.

But no arrests. Just the usual harassment of peaceful citizens exercising their 1A rights again.

IANAL or a LEO.

Let the internet sleuthing begin to find said law.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I think DNR went to the MSP LD school of made up shite. Just my non investigatory opinion.

I’d look in COMAR as well as the statutes.

I’m not looking maybe someone else can.

Rab perhaps.

Attachments

• A2449DAA-6EBF-4C04-A64B-D8F6BBA17446.jpeg
      A2449DAA-6EBF-4C04-A64B-D8F6BBA17446.jpeg
      94.7 KB · Views: 260

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I think DNR went to the MSP LD school of made up shite. Just my non investigatory opinion.

I’d look in COMAR as well as the statutes.

I’m not looking maybe someone else can.

Rab perhaps.

Well, a quick Google of it found this document from MSP that says that public parks are "a Traditional Public Forum" where people may demonstrate.

Maryland Criminal Code, § 10-201 says:
    (a)(3)

(i) "Public place" means a place to which the public or a portion of the public has access and a right to resort for business, dwelling, entertainment, or other lawful purpose.

(ii) "Public place" includes:
    1. a restaurant, shop, shopping center, store, tavern, or other place of business;
    2. a public building;
    3. a public parking lot;
    4. a public street, sidewalk, or right-of-way;
    5. a public park or other public grounds;
    etc, etc
    Emphasis added.

(c) Prohibited. --

(1) A person may not willfully and without lawful purpose obstruct or hinder the free passage of another in a public place or on a public conveyance.

(2) A person may not willfully act in a disorderly manner that disturbs the public peace.

(3) A person may not willfully fail to obey a reasonable and lawful order that a law enforcement officer makes to prevent a disturbance to the public peace.

(4) A person who enters the land or premises of another, whether an owner or lessee, or a beach adjacent to residential riparian property, may not willfully:
    (i) disturb the peace of persons on the land, premises, or beach by making an unreasonably loud noise; or
    (ii) act in a disorderly manner.

(5) A person from any location may not, by making an unreasonably loud noise, willfully disturb the peace of another:
    (i) on the other's land or premises;
    (ii) in a public place; or
    (iii) on a public conveyance.

(6) In Worcester County, a person may not build a bonfire or allow a bonfire to burn on a beach or other property between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m.

There's nothing in that section which bans political demonstrations in state parks or on state property.

I also looked through the section on Election Law and couldn't find anything, but I'm an amateur and could have missed something somewhere. In any case, the pdf that I linked at the top of the post from MSP seems to indicate that parks are an area where political speech and demonstrations are specifically allowed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The problem is the LE on scene consisted of a DNR officer and a Park Ranger, neither of who seem to agree or really know the MSP not agreeing with them

Our Knights were told political activity on state property is illegal. Too bad MSP wasn't there to assist. Or not.

At least it wasn't Sgt. Pope-A-Dope

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May the force be with us!

These two Jetty Knights were seen on the Jetty at Sandy Point State Park waving Wolf signs until an unknown leftist called from the Bay Bridge and complained and then a Park Ranger and a DNR Storm Trooper intervened.

My guess it was Frosh returning from his beach house in Rehoboth!

DNR calls in to check for warrants. They had to hand over DLs in case they were on the lam as fugitive sign wavers.

No arrests just the usual MD Govt attempts to stifle free speech again.

So did they give you a citation or a “warning” or just say “bad boy bad boy, whatcha gonna do when we come for you”? Sounds like another 1A infringement. Got their names?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Isn't the sidewalk in front of the State House state-owned property, too? :innocent0

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Somebody with a slew of WOLF signs was waving them at the intersection of Rte. 2 and West St. in Annapolis yesterday. Kudos!

I'd like to know where he got all the signs. They were all gone later after he left, so I hope they were his and he just re-deployed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom