• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zxcvbnm

Jun 14, 2008
    Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I am looking for some help on building a prototype/home project that requires some welding/fabrication/sheet metal work. This small project does not deal with firearms and is robotics focused.

I do not have the tools or knowledge to weld or fabricate items out of metal and may need to provide other minor general support.

What I am hoping to find is a reference to a pro-2a shop or user on these boards who is able to complete this type of work. I'd prefer if the shop is closer to Montgomery/Frederick/Carrol/Howard/PG counties but would rather find the right person for the job even if they are not in these areas.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I am happy to help , we work with proto type stuff a few times a year . Most folks jig their stuff up if possible or have decent details on what they want . Keep in mind tolerances on welding are a bit wider then machine work . If you are looking for exacts then welding is done then the part machined .

Not sure what you have and how extensive but i would be happy to assist . I will also mention that i am outside your work are you wanted in the 21226 area

zxcvbnm

Jun 14, 2008
    User welder516 owns a weld shop in Curtis Bay

Thank you Bertfish!
    Paging Welder516
    Thank you Batt816!

I am happy to help , we work with proto type stuff a few times a year . Most folks jig their stuff up if possible or have decent details on what they want . Keep in mind tolerances on welding are a bit wider then machine work . If you are looking for exacts then welding is done then the part machined .

Not sure what you have and how extensive but i would be happy to assist . I will also mention that i am outside your work are you wanted in the 21226 area

Welder - I will make sure to PM you sometime in the coming days/weeks once I have drawn up specifications. Thank you for your advice.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    OP has went into hiding , he has never reached out . Sometimes needs change and life gets in the way , hopefully he has resolved his welding issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom