• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I know tannerite is illegal to use in Maryland but.. can it be shipped to you for use elsewhere?

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Possession of multiple parts that can be combined to form an explosive are illegal in Maryland. That is to say, no, you cannot legally possess tannerite in Marylandistan even if you intend to use it somewhere else.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    ^ I think the law specifically states you may not buy/own the two parts together w/ instructions on how to combine them. So you may not buy "tannerite" as it comes w/ both parts + instructions.

It is still legal to buy & own the separate components.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    ^ I think the law specifically states you may not buy/own the two parts together w/ instructions on how to combine them. So you may not buy "tannerite" as it comes w/ both parts + instructions.

It is still legal to buy & own the separate components.

This, just be careful materials aren't stored in the same area. If both parts are in the same place, that's potentially grounds for being charged.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    This, just be careful materials aren't stored in the same area. If both parts are in the same place, that's potentially grounds for being charged.

If you know what the two parts are, that’s a fairly ridiculous statement. They are both common household items.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Buy a couple of cases of instant cold packs. That's the safest and easiest way to explain a large supply of ammonium nitrate in your house. Everyoe works out... everyone gets aches and pains. Easy enough to disassemble if and when it ever needs to be mixed with a certain metallic powder.

Possession of multiple parts that can be combined to form an explosive are illegal in Maryland. That is to say, no, you cannot legally possess tannerite in Marylandistan even if you intend to use it somewhere else.

I imagine there's a whole lot of people in violation of that law. You can make an explosive out of a combination of many household chemicals

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    If you know what the two parts are, that’s a fairly ridiculous statement. They are both common household items.

Really?? Maybe around YOUR household.

The fuel/catalyst mixture is 90% 600-mesh dark flake aluminium powder, combined with the catalyst that is a mixture of 5% 325-mesh titanium sponge and 5% 200-mesh zirconium hydride (with another patent document[7] listing 5% zirconium hydroxide). The oxidizer is a mixture of 85% 200-mesh ammonium nitrate and 15% ammonium perchlorate.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I can only imagine some government wannabe sitting somewhere reading these posts and trying to decide just what you malcontents should be charged with and who should have jurisdiction...

Keep your boxers from wadding. I’m joking.
    He, OTOH, may not have such a good sense of humor. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom