• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    My dad had a MK II when I was growing up and when I saw a used one recently at my LGS for $250, I had to pick it up...if for no better reason than to avoid arguments over who gets dad's (I have three older brothers).

Now to my point...the one I bought came with only a single magazine. Any good sources for more? I've seen them online, but $25 seems a bit much so when I saw this thread I thought I'd ask and see if there's something I'm missing.

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    My dad had a MK II when I was growing up and when I saw a used one recently at my LGS for $250, I had to pick it up...if for no better reason than to avoid arguments over who gets dad's (I have three older brothers).

Now to my point...the one I bought came with only a single magazine. Any good sources for more? I've seen them online, but $25 seems a bit much so when I saw this thread I thought I'd ask and see if there's something I'm missing.

Unfortunately, I think that's the going rate these days. In addition to factory mags, I think you should include MecGar mags in your search. They can usually be found for a few dollars less and are just as good. I don't recommend any other brands other than those two.

Good luck!

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    stay on the list

Unfortunately, I think that's the going rate these days. In addition to factory mags, I think you should include MecGar mags in your search. They can usually be found for a few dollars less and are just as good. I don't recommend any other brands other than those two.

Good luck!

Thanks MG-70...that's good to know...on the other hand, for now I'll just have to keep it on the "one day" list then.

Do you happen to recall whether that's due to a recent large increase (panic-demic related) or whether it's been somewhere around that price for a while? (just curious because that might indicate that prices will one day go lower)

Anyway, thanks for the info!

MG-70

Jul 8, 2007
    MoCo
    Thanks MG-70...that's good to know...on the other hand, for now I'll just have to keep it on the "one day" list then.

Do you happen to recall whether that's due to a recent large increase (panic-demic related) or whether it's been somewhere around that price for a while? (just curious because that might indicate that prices will one day go lower)

Anyway, thanks for the info!

To be honest, I don't know. Other than a quick search before replying to your post, I hadn't priced Ruger MKII mags in many years. With that said, I think they're probably a bit more expensive because the pistol hasn't been made in years, there's a lot more demand for the current MKIII/IV mags (fewer MKII mags currently manufactured), and sellers are able to get more money for them from those who didn't prepare when they should've (original buyers, not guys like you who bought them much later), basic Supply and Demand. I learned that lesson thanks to Billy Clintoon, when I ended up paying $75-$85 per Glock mag years ago when his administration decided to create a ban on people's liberties that ended up being a total failure in all aspects.

Looks like Optics Planet has the mags you want on sale for less than $23 each, right now, plus shipping, but if you're in no real hurry, you should just shop for them when things calm down, and/or look for them at gun shows, ebay, online "forums," etc.

Good Luck

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom