• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I would think, there must be another reason their guns were taken.....and not for simply defending their property. If that is the only reason, it is a sad day indeed.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    It’s a problem with both parties, hold Republicans accountable as well rather than just raging at democrats.

"I like taking guns away early," Trump said. "Take the guns first, go through due process second."

I 100% agree, I think they’re honestly both on the same side (the republicans and Democrats) because they seem to like ****ing Americans one way or another.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    That is what infuriates me. This couple has had multiple credible death threats against them... so they are now disarmed... and the entire world knows it. What could go wrong?

Exactly, like they should be armed more now than ever. The St. Louis police basically put a “come harm me” sign on them.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    Persuade the many more millions of people they have to change their entire world view about guns and start voting the way we, in smaller minority, prefer. They've spent decades shaping the majority's world view on this. Nothing can be done to just immediately stop how they see things.

Good luck with that because it hasn’t been working. It’s like trying to convince a die hard Ford owner that GM and RAM trucks(or switch brands how you see fit) are just as good or better. Or trying to convince one political party that their political party is wrong. Few if any will listen and even fewer will change their minds.
    I too have personally spoken with and taken several liberal, anti gun people to the range and had thought that I had changed their minds and perceptions in regards to firearms. Nope...they go right back to supporting anti gun legislation and voting for anti gun politicians. My brother in law happens to be one of those people. After the Michael Brown Ferguson incident, my bil was adamant that cops should shoot perps in the leg. So I seized the opportunity to let him test his own theory. I sat up a B27 target, had him run back and forth in the yard, do push ups, do jump and jacks, etc to get his heart rate up and breathing heavy. As soon as I had him stop the physical activities, I handed him my handgun and told him to hit the B27 in the head(to simulate shooting at a small target like a leg)from 5 yards away. Of course I added in some yelling to increase the stress. He fired 17 rounds and didn’t touch the head of the B27...only 2 rounds hit the entire target. He was in disbelief. I told him “Now imagine if that target was moving towards you and had a gun or knife and was intent on killing you while bystanders stood around videoing you...do you still think that officers should try to shoot small, moving targets like legs?” I saw a light bulb light up in his eyes. He seemed to understand. He was even considering buying a gun. I thought for sure I had a convert. And then I’ll be damned...he continued to vote for anti gun politicians, support more anti gun laws, and don’t believe anyone should own “automatic” weapons. Yes, I explained the whole semi vs automatic thing and the laws etc.
    We just continue to set back and let our rights be taken from us by politicians who pass unconstitutional laws that they exempt themselves from. And LEOs are partially to blame for enforcing the unconstitutional crap because, without their enforcement of garbage anti gun laws, the unconstitutional laws are useless. They put their paychecks and benefits above their oath to the Constitution of the United States of America.

jr88

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 7, 2011
    Free?? State
    While it is almost impossible to know the Truth about this story, I suspect it has two sides. They "claim" the mob was marching to the mayors house, and only stopped at the couples home when they came out brandishing firearms. There is "supposed" to be a law in the jurisdiction against "Threatening" people with firearms and that is the basis for the confiscation.
    My issue is, they appear to be new to firearm ownership (see the wife has her finger on trigger). If the protesters were not on my property I would have simply called the police and stood by to see what developed. You will not see my firearms until it is too late. I wouldn't want any of these idiots to even suspect I have any firearms and I don't advertise it.
    When and if (I pray never) the war does start, I will arm my friends and family who are not prepared and do what I must to protect my loved ones. As for these ******** Red Flag laws, if a person has multiple equipment, they would be a fool to have all your eggs in one basket in the trying times...not everything at the bottom of the bay will rust away. ;)

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    While it is almost impossible to know the Truth about this story, I suspect it has two sides. They "claim" the mob was marching to the mayors house, and only stopped at the couples home when they came out brandishing firearms. There is "supposed" to be a law in the jurisdiction against "Threatening" people with firearms and that is the basis for the confiscation.
    My issue is, they appear to be new to firearm ownership (see the wife has her finger on trigger). If the protesters were not on my property I would have simply called the police and stood by to see what developed. You will not see my firearms until it is too late. I wouldn't want any of these idiots to even suspect I have any firearms and I don't advertise it.
    When and if (I pray never) the war does start, I will arm my friends and family who are not prepared and do what I must to protect my loved ones. As for these ******** Red Flag laws, if a person has multiple equipment, they would be a fool to have all your eggs in one basket in the trying times...not everything at the bottom of the bay will rust away. ;)

And that is kind of my reason for the thread, is war going to be the thing that changes it or can this stop before it gets there. And I know the cliche “history repeats itself” but I keep seeing very scary similarities to what happened in Europe in the 1930s and 40s and I think we can all agree no one would want that to happen. And yes I know people say “that would never happen here” but it can, it happened in Europe less than 100 years ago. It happened here in the US with the Trail of Tears and the internment camps of American Japanese. I just don’t want it to get to that point.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good luck with that because it hasn’t been working. It’s like trying to convince a die hard Ford owner that GM and RAM trucks(or switch brands how you see fit) are just as good or better. Or trying to convince one political party that their political party is wrong. Few if any will listen and even fewer will change their minds.
    I too have personally spoken with and taken several liberal, anti gun people to the range and had thought that I had changed their minds and perceptions in regards to firearms. Nope...they go right back to supporting anti gun legislation and voting for anti gun politicians. My brother in law happens to be one of those people. After the Michael Brown Ferguson incident, my bil was adamant that cops should shoot perps in the leg. So I seized the opportunity to let him test his own theory. I sat up a B27 target, had him run back and forth in the yard, do push ups, do jump and jacks, etc to get his heart rate up and breathing heavy. As soon as I had him stop the physical activities, I handed him my handgun and told him to hit the B27 in the head(to simulate shooting at a small target like a leg)from 5 yards away. Of course I added in some yelling to increase the stress. He fired 17 rounds and didn’t touch the head of the B27...only 2 rounds hit the entire target. He was in disbelief. I told him “Now imagine if that target was moving towards you and had a gun or knife and was intent on killing you while bystanders stood around videoing you...do you still think that officers should try to shoot small, moving targets like legs?” I saw a light bulb light up in his eyes. He seemed to understand. He was even considering buying a gun. I thought for sure I had a convert. And then I’ll be damned...he continued to vote for anti gun politicians, support more anti gun laws, and don’t believe anyone should own “automatic” weapons. Yes, I explained the whole semi vs automatic thing and the laws etc.
    We just continue to set back and let our rights be taken from us by politicians who pass unconstitutional laws that they exempt themselves from. And LEOs are partially to blame for enforcing the unconstitutional crap because, without their enforcement of garbage anti gun laws, the unconstitutional laws are useless. They put their paychecks and benefits above their oath to the Constitution of the United States of America.
    Anything's possible, I guess. I went from a life-long Ford man to Ram. I'm woke.
    As for the LEOs, given the crap they've had to go through lately, they've been rendered impotent. :sad20:

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019
    Since both are lawyers and have a pretty interesting history of aggressively suing people to get what they want, I think it's only a matter of time before St. Louis DA is going to be up to their eyeballs in paperwork. These people have no issue dumping tens of thousands on lawsuits just to make a point. They even settled a lawsuit just to get this home they were protecting in the first place.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV
    Since both are lawyers and have a pretty interesting history of aggressively suing people to get what they want, I think it's only a matter of time before St. Louis DA is going to be up to their eyeballs in paperwork. These people have no issue dumping tens of thousands on lawsuits just to make a point. They even settled a lawsuit just to get this home they were protecting in the first place.

Source?

larr

Apr 1, 2011
    Easternshore
    Anything's possible, I guess. I went from a life-long Ford man to Ram. I'm woke.
    As for the LEOs, given the crap they've had to go through lately, they've been rendered impotent. :sad20:

They weren't impotent in this matter, they took their guns. Isn't it kind of funny how the police there, follow the unconstitutional orders of the same people who want to defund them? I'm not bashing the LEO's, I'm just making an observation.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    That’s exactly my point though, how much longer are we going to keep letting them do this, clearly no one on the right really seems to care and we all know the left will stop at nothing to disarm us. Like do a bunch of us need to run for office? Do we need a march on Washington? What more can we do to stop this cause clearly the whole “donate to the NRA” isn’t doing much.

:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom