• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justeric

Apr 6, 2010
    This past weekend I took an old friend and his daughter shooting. She joined the Capitol Police a couple years back right out of college. She wanted to go to the range to get ready for her pistol qualification. She is not allowed to practice outside of work with her service pistol. Her practice times are very limited. Her service pistol is a Gen 3, Glock 22.

I would like to gift her with a Gen 3, Glock 22 so she can practice outside of work.

Does anyone know where I can find a relatively inexpensive Gen 3, G22?

Thanks,
    Eric

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    There’s no way that’s true. Can’t practice with her duty weapon.

If a certain member sees this thread i will gladly stand corrected but that would be one insanely idiotic rule.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018

If a certain member sees this thread i will gladly stand corrected but that would be one insanely idiotic rule.
    Probably a misunderstanding, they just want to keep track of rounds. They used to ask us to track our off duty practice rounds fired for PM purposes.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

justeric

Apr 6, 2010

It is true. I couldn't believe it either. She told me her gun is not allowed to be fired unless at their range in specified practice times. She is not allowed to practice (fire) the gun anywhere else. Crazy!!

In my last match a guy was shooting 40 cal. I asked him why he was shooting 40 cal and he said he is LE and gets all the ammo he can use for free. That's how we should support our LE men and women!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    absolute insanity, can't practice with the actual gun your life and others may depend on??!!

i've seen new ones at the chantilly gun shows for ~$500. no idea if or when the next one is. they usually have a md ffl there. not sure where she lives and if dc is needed.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Thanks. I checked and they are priced at $350 and they are sold out. That's a little more than I expected. I guess with all the civil unrest guns are selling at a premium. Darn my bad timing.

I have one in stock, but I would have to get what they want as well, $350.00

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Maybe this rule only applies UNTIL she gets her qualification?

Took a cop friend of mine to a Steel Challenge match. He shot his duty weapon and was tickled because he could count the time and ammo towards his official training time.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    You can try summit gun broker

They used to have a bunch of them but I haven't been to their site in a while.

There is also a guy on gunbroker, Mr. Gundealer, I think, who had a decent selection a couple weeks ago.

By the time you figure in shipping and transfer charges though, sometimes a decent price turns out to not be so decent.

If you can take advantage of the IP that said $350, I'd jump on it. In todays day, that is a great deal offered up by someone who can easily get more for it.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

It is true. I couldn't believe it either. She told me her gun is not allowed to be fired unless at their range in specified practice times. She is not allowed to practice (fire) the gun anywhere else. Crazy!!

In my last match a guy was shooting 40 cal. I asked him why he was shooting 40 cal and he said he is LE and gets all the ammo he can use for free. That's how we should support our LE men and women!

I was just informed by a trusted source that i am in fact wrong!

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks. I checked and they are priced at $350 and they are sold out. That's a little more than I expected. I guess with all the civil unrest guns are selling at a premium. Darn my bad timing.

350 is more than you expected? It's a LE Trade in gun with night sights. A G22 NIB is anywhere from 550-750 without night sights. I think you need to keep your pricing expectations a little bit higher than floor level.

I dropped 370 on a VG condition G23 with them, back in November.

I snapped up a G22 Gen 4 in VG condition for 320, back in July of last year, from RG.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    350 is more than you expected?

A few years ago I got a G22 trade in for $299 in VG Condition. Once I'd paid shipping and transfer it was probably right around $350. At that point I could go to gun-deals.com and find half a dozen shops with these guns. Now there's none.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    A few years ago I got a G22 trade in for $299 in VG Condition. Once I'd paid shipping and transfer it was probably right around $350. At that point I could go to gun-deals.com and find half a dozen shops with these guns. Now there's none.
    Let him look at the prices at SOS and he'll think 350 is a steal.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    yeah $350 really ain't bad. that's around what i got when i (stupidly) traded two in for newer versions (3==>4 to get the grip stippling and beavertail).

cstone

Dec 12, 2018
    Baltimore, MD
    You are looking for a Gen 3, but I wouldn't rule out a Gen 4, or an older G22 or 31 in good condition. The texturing on the grip is different and there are some little differences, but nothing that would make practicing with one significantly different from shooting the other.

For that matter, if she isn't getting lots of ammunition from work, then I would suggest a G17 and have her do most of her practice with 9mm. There is a pretty good chance in the next few years that Captiol will transition to the 9mm like so much of the rest of federal LE in the District. I doubt she would find much difference in shooting +P 9mm over shooting .40 S&W.

Good luck finding what you are looking for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom