• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I hope that is part of the case right there. Under Maryland law you are not allowed to use deadly force to protect personal property. Of the few permits that have been issued, the majority are under association with businesses to protect personal property. Money, medications, valuables, and information. Almost none were issued just to protect life and limb, which are the only reasons allowed under Maryland law to use deadly force.

The government declared an opioid crisis. I’d bet most murders are related to drugs. Put a gun to my head and I can produce opiates like a fountain. Anyone with a business license can get an unrestricted permit....I can’t. Apprehended danger, you say?

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I hope that is part of the case right there. Under Maryland law you are not allowed to use deadly force to protect personal property. Of the few permits that have been issued, the majority are under association with businesses to protect personal property. Money, medications, valuables, and information. Almost none were issued just to protect life and limb, which are the only reasons allowed under Maryland law to use deadly force.

Well put. That says so much about this state.

:sad20:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Of the few permits that have been issued, the majority are under association with businesses to protect personal property. Money, medications, valuables, and information. Almost none were issued just to protect life and limb, which are the only reasons allowed under Maryland law to use deadly force.

I don't think that's how the thought process goes. They are NOT issuing permits to protect (for example) medications. They are issuing the permit to the person who they agree has a heightened risk to life and limb because they have access to those medications and are thus a bad guy magnet.

The more traditional "making bank deposits" G&S wasn't about the money. It was about the perception that the person making the deposits was personally at more risk because they made the bank runs.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don't think that's how the thought process goes. They are NOT issuing permits to protect (for example) medications. They are issuing the permit to the person who they agree has a heightened risk to life and limb because they have access to those medications and are thus a bad guy magnet.

The more traditional "making bank deposits" G&S wasn't about the money. It was about the perception that the person making the deposits was personally at more risk because they made the bank runs.

They aren’t really too worried about the person who has access to medication, or I’d have an unrestricted permit. My permit treats me like an employee. To and from the office and while “doing business”. If I go out to lunch and am attacked by a junkie I refused to prescribe for, I will be unarmed.

krucam

Ultimate Member

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    “Instead, it allows a lawful owner of a handgun to wear, carry, or transport the handgun without a permit in a public place in connection with a wide range of activities and with a permit where the applicant has a good and substantial reason, including to provide protection from apprehended danger. Historically, Maryland has granted the overwhelming majority of permit applications based on a claimed good and substantial reason.”

-William Pallozzi, MSP

Lying SOB

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Lying SOB

The quote illustrates the problem. “With a good and substantial reason”. The activities he is referring to do not include self defense. I have a permit. I can carry to and from the office. If I am out to lunch, I can’t carry.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    The statement also fails to point out the difference between "carry" and "transort" in the MD laws. With no permit, the "transport" to a very limited set of places must be unloaded, versus the usual public "bearing" of a loaded handgun for self defense in Free America.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The quote illustrates the problem. “With a good and substantial reason”. The activities he is referring to do not include self defense. I have a permit. I can carry to and from the office. If I am out to lunch, I can’t carry.

"Historically, Maryland has granted the overwhelming majority of permit applications based on a claimed good and substantial reason" -contains the Big Lies. "Overwhelming' is a crock; "Claimed" G&S is equally false. You can claim it all you want; MSP is not inclined to accept your claims.

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    So with the earliest conference being 10 January, Clement has another week or so to write his reply brief if he's going to rush the print job over the weekend to have it at the Court for the 6th for the clerk to distribute it on the 7th. I can't wait to see him tear the state a new one on the deception in their response.

"Historically, Maryland has granted the overwhelming majority of permit applications based on a claimed good and substantial reason" -contains the Big Lies. "Overwhelming' is a crock; "Claimed" G&S is equally false. You can claim it all you want; MSP is not inclined to accept your claims.

Especially when the desk sergeants would tell you you would be denied when you asked for the application packet, the fingerprint trooper would tell you you'd be denied, the interviewer would give you the option to have your check back if you'd rip up your application during the interview, etc.

The online application system should have some very interesting outcomes now that everyone gets a tracking number and can't be voluntarily withdrawn without some record existing.

Steel Hunter

Nov 10, 2019

I can't even read that without ironically laughing. That's some top tier BS.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Given that it's a filing to a Federal court, wouldn't it be better described as "perjury"?

Well then their is a whole LOT of Perjury in the reply that Maryland filled with the court. Hmm could it bee that if Herr Frosh approved that reply to the court then Herr Frosh approved of the perjury that was in that reply thus giving grounds for removal of the head of MSP , the staff in the AG's office that wrote that and any and or all others that conspired to commit perjury under the color of law thus making it a felony under title 18 section 242
    Deprivation of rights under color of law

jcutonilli

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2013

Given that it's a filing to a Federal court, wouldn't it be better described as "perjury"?

It is not perjury because it is a factually true statement. MSP does a good job helping people understand how they interpret G&S. This is why almost everyone voluntarily withdraws their application. From their reference report, there were 2024 new and 3572 renewal wear and carry permits issued compared to 292 denials in 2014. That certainly seem overwhelming to me.

MSP's interpretation of G&S does include self defense. Woollard was able to get a permit because there was a particularized need for self defense. He was denied on one of the renewals because he no longer had that particularized need. The court upheld that determination.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    It is not perjury because it is a factually true statement. MSP does a good job helping people understand how they interpret G&S.

Separate facts, and fragments thereof, assembled into the statement are individually true, but create an incomplete and intentionally misleading context. Certainly not the "whole truth".

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    It is not perjury because it is a factually true statement. MSP does a good job helping people understand how they interpret G&S. This is why almost everyone voluntarily withdraws their application. From their reference report, there were 2024 new and 3572 renewal wear and carry permits issued compared to 292 denials in 2014. That certainly seem overwhelming to me.

MSP's interpretation of G&S does include self defense. Woollard was able to get a permit because there was a particularized need for self defense. He was denied on one of the renewals because he no longer had that particularized need. The court upheld that determination.

And Woollard’s nemesis IIRC went on to kill one or both of his parents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom