• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Everyone:

I would take the training unless you are military training. I teach the class as well as several other NRA classes. Every class I have taken, no matter how basic, I learned something new. When it comes to firearms, I have found that I learn something new almost every time I am on the range or reading on line. Just a thought.

John

I love those of you who praise anyone having been in the military has infinite knowledge with firearms. :rolleyes:

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    I love those of you who praise anyone having been in the military has infinite knowledge with firearms. :rolleyes:

I'm an Army vet with an Expert rating with the M-16 and Sharpshooter with an M1911A1 and I'd have to agree with that statement. Even as an infantryman, my training was limited to certain aspects of using my weapon. It was a great start, but my Expert rating was based on my ability to hit a target at 300 meters, not a comprehensive level of expertise with all firearms. I've learned more about firearms as a civilian and an NRA instructor than I learned in 11 years in the Army, the majority of which were spent as a combat arms officer.
    Montel Williams made that mistake when he called Dana Loesch a "spokesmodel" that didn't have the credibility to speak about firearms to him, who, for the majority of his career, was a cryptologist.

Walt1879

Feb 1, 2020
    Brooklyn park
    Still unsure

So I have my hunters safety course card from when I took that in 2014 but after seeing people saying that a stripped lower can also be exemption from the training I was thinking I could use that as well (I purchased one last year) but I didn't see anyone clearly say they used that for an exemption is there anyone out there?

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So I have my hunters safety course card from when I took that in 2014 but after seeing people saying that a stripped lower can also be exemption from the training I was thinking I could use that as well (I purchased one last year) but I didn't see anyone clearly say they used that for an exemption is there anyone out there?

Either one if those are fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lalez

BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2019
    Russia
    Have any of you ever considered just getting dual-residency? As in becoming a legal resident of another gun friendly state while keeping your Maryland residency status.

I've seen this talked about on other forums where people lived in New York but had relatives and or owned a "timeshare" in PA, Texas or other gun friendly states and they were able to establish legal residency there, get a DL

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Have any of you ever considered just getting dual-residency? As in becoming a legal resident of another gun friendly state while keeping your Maryland residency status.

I've seen this talked about on other forums where people lived in New York but had relatives and or owned a "timeshare" in PA, Texas or other gun friendly states and they were able to establish legal residency there, get a DL

There is always a way for rich people to skirt these laws legally. That applies to taxes as well ... like buy a 2nd home and become a member of the 183 club.

Gun laws only affect poor people and really are de facto racist. Even in MD, rich people can start a business, pay all the fees, and get a CCW. In NYC if you have money you can "get to know" people who will get your CCW through, quickly even. If money is no object, there is always a legal way to do something. And when government is big, the people who have money are coincidentally (or not) also the people who control the reins of government. Its not a coincidence that three of the richest counties in America surround D.C.

So, yes people think about it all the time. But it takes money and time not everyone has (yet). Slowly people are leaving MD (and NYC, CA) for other places. MD is a terrible place for retirees - High taxes and cost of living, among other things.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    So, yes people think about it all the time. But it takes money and time not everyone has (yet). Slowly people are leaving MD (and NYC, CA) for other places. MD is a terrible place for retirees - High taxes and cost of living, among other things.

That is one reason I moved from MD to PA in 2018. So much freer.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

Legal residency, no. Or at least that isn’t legal unless you are living at the timeshare or other residence at least 183 days a year. Federal and various state laws are clear about that.

If you own more than 2 properties in various states, the law says where you spend the most time (so it would be MD if you lived here 150 days a year, 100 in PA and 126 in VA).

So just getting a tome share or hunting property does not allow you to LEGALLY be a resident of that other state. I know one or two people who claims have DL and file as residents of another state even though they don’t spend the majority of their time there.

The only exemption to this is military personnel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom