• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bpm32

Nov 26, 2010
    A coworker of mine was thinking about going through the process of getting a suppressed 22. He'd want to order a specific suppressor and threaded barrel (or new pistol entirely) online. Where's the best shop to go through currently? I think he'd be willing to drive as far as the Baltimore area, but would prefer something in Southern Maryland.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Order online. Bullseye in Georgia did good by me recently. Major Malfunction has the best prices, but damned if you can get the guy to answer his phone, take your money, process paperwork or ship an order. Avoid for now.

Transfer to an FFL that does NFA items. Skip Edgeley in Sykesville and 2A Sales in Jessup both handle these. It's about $40-$50 in general. Skip sends you all the paperwork you need via email so the only time you need to drive is when you pick it up. Not sure about 2A...just trying them out for the first time now.

Never been to Fred's, but you might want to research them here before doing business with them.

rscia50

Jan 31, 2010
    North Myrtle South Carolina
    Go to Freds Sporting Goods and ask for Joe. Tell him Robby sent you, he will know who you are talking about. Let me know when and if im not busy i will meet you there. Just send me a pm. Robby:party29:

rpker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 26, 2009
    Charles County
    Ive never given id for ammo at Freds. Must only id thugish loooking people??:innocent0

I've been in there in uniform and they ID'ed me, they also use your phone number to track your purchases which is not a far stretch from keeping a log. I have a couple of experiences with freds that make me never want to go in there again. YMMV

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Ive never given id for ammo at Freds. Must only id thugish loooking people??:innocent0

Sounds like you are friends with someone there? Good for you.

But keeping logs for the MSP or any other reason not required by law is wrong, no matter if it applies to you or not. Vote 2A and vote with your dollars.

And please do tell: how do we classify "thugs" on visual alone? I would love to learn. Do they share certain characteristics that we should use to actively segregate them from the 'good' people in society? What are those traits? Do they look different than you in some way?

Yes, those are rhetorical questions (Meaning: no response is required because any provided would be ludicrous).

rscia50

Jan 31, 2010
    Sounds like you are friends with someone there? Good for you.

But keeping logs for the MSP or any other reason not required by law is wrong, no matter if it applies to you or not. Vote 2A and vote with your dollars.

And please do tell: how do we classify "thugs" on visual alone? I would love to learn. Do they share certain characteristics that we should use to actively segregate them from the 'good' people in society? What are those traits? Do they look different than you in some way?

Yes, those are rhetorical questions (Meaning: no response is required because any provided would be ludicrous).

Do you need glasses??? Lets set up a transaction and i will send two people to meet you and you explain which one you would sell to and not sell to. Did you know that their ammo log has led to the arrests of 5 drug dealers in the Charles County area alone in the last year that i know of. Sounds like it does some good to me. Joe has no problem answering any questions about there log, give them a call. If everything you do is legal then you should have no problems, right.....:innocent0

eddiek2000

Sweet Lemonade!!
    Feb 11, 2008
    Southern Maryland - Chuck Co.
    ...If everything you do is legal then you should have no problems, right.....:innocent0

That is where you and most of us disagree. I buy all kinds of ammo, I shoot many other people's weapons and I do not need my door kicked in because I bought ammo for a caliber I am not "registered" for.

BTW, how the HELL does an ammo log lead to drug busts?

rscia50

Jan 31, 2010
    When they put the info into a log and MSP asks if they have a certain name on the list then they give them an adress. Thats kind of how i remember it but it was a while ago. And im at work and trying to type in between phone calls and customers. Call Joe over their, he has no problem explaining.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    When they put the info into a log and MSP asks if they have a certain name on the list then they give them an adress. Thats kind of how i remember it but it was a while ago. And im at work and trying to type in between phone calls and customers. Call Joe over their, he has no problem explaining.

That's the problem! We all know the MSP does not do any form of surveillance.

Md. Police Put Activists' Names On Terror Lists

If the tactic was used once, the question that needs to be asked is: "How many times was it used?"

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    Do you need glasses??? Lets set up a transaction and i will send two people to meet you and you explain which one you would sell to and not sell to. Did you know that their ammo log has led to the arrests of 5 drug dealers in the Charles County area alone in the last year that i know of. Sounds like it does some good to me. Joe has no problem answering any questions about there log, give them a call. If everything you do is legal then you should have no problems, right.....:innocent0

No glasses required. I have great eyesight: 20/15 at last checkup.

What I need is a list of characteristic features that I can use to visually distinguish between upstanding citizens like yourself and the dreaded drug dealer.

And to your knowledge does Fred's have such a list of "thug-like" characteristics and do they use it to deny service to people?

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County

What illegal activity does Joe capture that leads to drug busts?

Is the purchase of ammunition for a gun a crime if you are not "registered" for that type of gun in the MSP logbook (which is not a registry according to them)?

There are some who believe tracking the sales of ammo will help the police catch felons who should not have been buying in the first place. They are correct. It does help the police. But only by also ensnaring the non-offending public in a web of monitoring that tracks your legal purchases. Ammo is not a controlled item.

Would you support a system where all sales of bread and milk were logged to better support the police in finding people they later consider them a public threat?

How about keeping track of all who purchase alcoholic beverages, so to better stop repeat drunken offenders from driving under the influence? It would almost surely catch the drunk in action - we could link the retail register purchase with a state-wide database that flags transactions from known offenders in real time. If Happy Harry buys another case of beer, the state database can dispatch officers immediately to the area to look for his weaving car.

That system would probably work. But to work...they need to track you, too.

Even larger: Would you support a system where all transactions must be logged to aid the government if and when your time comes due?

Perhaps we are all mistaken. I open the door (and my judgment) to any logical rationale that shows me how logging the legal sale of 2A related supplies can lead to the betterment of society at large, even in the face of the occasional bad guy getting caught.

Slippery slopes look great from the top of the hill.

<Mach1

Past the Vanishing Point
    Mar 3, 2008
    Eh... don't kid yourself. Overall most of us here are in numerous databases already, including the one this site/provider maintains.
    Invariably your personal data & opinions are logged each time you interact in today's society. Rest assured if it's not by your own doing, the surrogates pickup the slack.
    Inevitably then, the consolidation of data into one superzone for the ultimate of accountability/vulnerability comes forth.
    Logging of data is here to stay & growing. The real question is how it's handled.

That being said, maintaining the illusion of freedom takes a tremendous effort based on constantly redefining the fringe of perceived inalienable rights.
    Where that line lies may fluctuate but behind it understand:
    Compliance is mandatory.
    Resistance is futile.
    Digressions are intolerable.

My 2¢ says what are we, you, I doing to define that line & the viable personal data metered against it?

CorpsmanUp

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 19, 2010
    St Mary's County
    I have a super-nifty alias online that hides my real name.

Doesn't always work.

Now, if you spoof your IP etc AND you're careful you may be able to hide.

Better yet. Steal internet access from the idiots in your neighborhood that don't secure their connections when doing your dirty deeds.

Try not to use the same user name across web boards. Use a name that is common etc.

You can hide some of your tracks, but not all of them.

Patrick

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Calvert County
    The joke is that my real name is...(wait for it)...Patrick.

I figure everything I write online eventually gets tagged to me anyway. It keeps me from getting too stupid. The Google knows all.

But I still say helping the MSP track legal purchases of 2A items is slimy. At least "The Google" reads my email and forwards me advice on my next purchase. Now if the MSP did something similar - like settling the whole "9mm versus .45ACP" debate forever -- that might have value. If the MSP dropped me a line after shopping at Fred's to tell me there is a sale on .270 Win at Bass Pro coming up...I might actually willingly share my info. Hell, I'd even give them my guns once a month for test firing if they'd clean them for me in the process.

I have nothing to hide. It's all about perceived value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom