• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    Went to a couple of Indy races this year, a NHRA drag race, 24 of Le Mans and Petit Le Mans, and watched every F1 race.

Indy is going to be in Richmond this June.

gforce

MDS Supporter
    Aug 22, 2018
    Whoa cool, not up on international races, will have to check that one out, love offroad races

SavageShooter

Jan 10, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    Long time drag racing fan/crewman been to over 100 NHRA-IHRA-PDRA-ADRL national events and many others all over the USA. Still going to many more 2020 is going to be awesome. Drag racing has the baddest, most horsepower and best sounding engines in all of racing. Nitromethane (explosive like a bomb 11,000 plus horsepower supercharged), methanol, super high octane racing gas, nitrous oxide. Supercharged, turbocharged, injected, normally aspirated. 330 plus miles per hour etc. Everybody stands up with their hats off for the national anthem (not like the pathetic disrespectful NFL). A skydiver usually jumps out of a plane with the USA flag on Sunday before eliminations start. Now that is REAL USA. Real patriotism not like the phony NFL.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    Just a few days away from kick off of the Dakar. I am getting stoked. I really love the race. 5000 miles for 15days of racing. This is the mother of all races.

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    Went to a couple of Indy races this year, a NHRA drag race, 24 of Le Mans and Petit Le Mans, and watched every F1 race.

Indy is going to be in Richmond this June.

That Richmond race is tempting! Hard to believe I can buy 5 tickets to an exciting sporting event for $150! Try that with football or basketball.

wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I like watching bike races, both road and off-road, but like riding more than watching. I also like watching some car races, but not the boring Nascar races where all they do is run around a left turn circle. Interesting side note: we have this big TV in the elevator lobby of our building and some jack-@ss keeps it tuned to CNN all the time. I changed the channel to motor TV or something like that and they show all kinds of motor sports, including boat racing. Well, the next day the TV is back on CNN with a note saying we're not allowed to change the channel, turn off the audio, or turn off the TV. I made it a point to change the channel once a week, just to tick off the Hillary-loving Democrat jerks who love watching Trump bashing on CNN.

jrwhitt

May 27, 2012
    I raced for many years with NASA & PCA but haven't raced for a couple of years now. Still have the cars and equipment, just need to get the health back. My son's in professional racing and has crewed for IMSA and Le Mans teams.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    I have raced a lot. WERA/AMA bikes, NHRA Stock/Super-Stock, USAC dirt midgets, and SCCA in different classes. I won titles/championships in all of them. I did NHRA and midgets in my teens. Then I got to do some road-racing testing and after that it was the only thing I did. Benny Parsons once confided to me that the most fun you can have in a car is road-racing. I would add motorcycles to that also. Even though I retired from racing in 2005, if it wasn't for all the money I spend in shooting competition I would be neck deep in the Optima Batteries Search for the Ultimate Street Car right now at 72. I have done endurance races both on bikes and in cars, I have crewed at races up to 24 hours, and have been an instructor for various organizations in road-racing.

krieger

Sep 9, 2016
    West Virginia
    Raced off road since age 10 , dont do it anylonger but love both powersports and motorsports . Was also an Engine builder for PTG /BMW motorsports , thier M3 ALMS team ... a great experience

davidg

Mar 19, 2019
    I rode and raced dirt bikes (in the woods) for 15 years. Just got back into it, after taking a couple years off. I'm glad super cross is back, I will check the dakar races.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    I like watching the Isle of Man TT. It's an insane race.

This^^^^^^

If you have never watched it you are seriously missing out on one of the most amazing races you can watch. It is a motorcycle race which shuts down most of the street on the island and all of the racing happens on the public roads. I think the competitors are insane running triple digit speeds 15 feet from houses and getting airborne over small hills in the road. Several people die each year at this race but, they never show the wrecks. It will a a must watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom