• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Why do you keep bumping this thread when there has been zero activity in any other thread to cause this one to drop out of the top place within this subforum? This thread was created 9/24. The last post outside of this thread was on 9/20.

Nay_sayer

May 30, 2013
    Lothian, MD
    The bump puts it on the Recent Threads board when you first log in/visit site. Gets the news out to the rest of the site that doesn’t visit a particular sub-forum.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    The bump puts it on the Recent Threads board when you first log in/visit site. Gets the news out to the rest of the site that doesn’t visit a particular sub-forum.

Ah, I’m unaware of that function. But thanks for explaining it. Makes sense now. My browser seems to default directly to the Water Cooler section.

And Buellsfurn, I wasn’t trying to be antagonistic. Just trying to understand the intent or purpose of the bumps when this thread never left 1st place in the SoMD forum. But I think we better understand each other’s angle now.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    :thumbsup:
    Ah, I’m unaware of that function. But thanks for explaining it. Makes sense now. My browser seems to default directly to the Water Cooler section.

And Buellsfurn, I wasn’t trying to be antagonistic. Just trying to understand the intent or purpose of the bumps when this thread never left 1st place in the SoMD forum. But I think we better understand each other’s angle now.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Because most people read MDS via the " New Post " or " New Post w/o Water Cooler v buttons . In the listing of New Posts, you don't even see what sub forum is involved until after you click the thread .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom