• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Naples, FL and Ocean Pines, MD
    So I could take the 100 cabelas card I have now and use that to buy another one and get $110?

Sort of. They're selling gift cards in specific amounts, e. g. $25, $50, $100, $250 and $500. So, if you have just one $100 gift card you can buy another $100 gift card for $90 and will have $10 left over on your original card. Same result, but spread over two cards. Assuming, I inderstood your question correctly.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Thanks Stevie Boy and Threegun.

So, maybe go over to Raise.com and buy these for $86.24 and then to cabelas to get $100 for $90 and if my math is correct 23.76% off?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 8.49.27 AM.png
      Screen Shot 2019-11-16 at 8.49.27 AM.png
      16 KB · Views: 251

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Must be a new policy since May of last year. Here I bought discounted gift cards from ebay for 20% off and got another what, 6% off in payment from Activejunky on this purchase.

Each store is different Cabela's will not give you cash back thru Active Junky on the purchase of a gift card. They will give you cashback thru Active Junky when you purchase merchandise with a gift card.

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Just got my $450 in gift cards that I purchased with $405 of rewards points. Ordered $500 in gift cards with the $450 in gift cards I Just received. It is a shame this is ending tomorrow, this has got to be the easiest $95 I ever made.

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    cool glad i saw this today. need to go digging for my old g.c... only thing is does cabelas have any sales worth buying . i havent seen anything worth buying since bass pro bought them out ...

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    the other prob with cabelas is that it seems most sales require you to use your/their cabelas credit card vs gift cards.

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    thanks again hopefully at some point i can find something worth buying at cabelas look like im consolidating $600 of gift card that i bought way back in 9/2017 at %18 off on ebay.. not bad it would be nice if the mr rebate 8% cash back works says only restriction is ammo and firearms so we will see. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=352936

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    hey all. looking at cabelas ad 11-29 to 12-1 they are going to be running another 10% off gift cards sale...

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    thanks again hopefully at some point i can find something worth buying at cabelas look like im consolidating $600 of gift card that i bought way back in 9/2017 at %18 off on ebay.. not bad it would be nice if the mr rebate 8% cash back works says only restriction is ammo and firearms so we will see. http://www.mrrebates.com?refid=352936

Their FAQs say no such luck on gift cards. But, please let us know if your experience says otherwise.

730dc

Mar 11, 2013
    Their FAQs say no such luck on gift cards. But, please let us know if your experience says otherwise.
    no luck it shows the order as $0.00 ... but worth the shot nothing was lost. cabelas website says gift cards cant be purchased with other gift cards :lol2: hopefully they dont fix that flaw befvore the next round.

Stevie Boy

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011

threegun

Jan 26, 2013
    Westminster
    Just used my second set of gift cards from the first round of 10% off to order my third set. Started with $400 in rewards points, when these cards arrive I will be at $575. America!!

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Just used my second set of gift cards from the first round of 10% off to order my third set. Started with $400 in rewards points, when these cards arrive I will be at $575. America!!

yeah man! this will be the 2nd time i rolled my $500 in gift cards, made a tidy $100! again the prob is on most of their sales, they don't let you use gift cards but have to use their store credit card to get the discount.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Looks like they caught on during the second 10% off sale. I used my gift cards from a week or two ago and bought more. The order went through yesterday but I just checked and it has now been cancelled.

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Looks like they caught on during the second 10% off sale. I used my gift cards from a week or two ago and bought more. The order went through yesterday but I just checked and it has now been cancelled.
    i never got an email confirm on mine, guess that's why.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom