• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Was the first handgun you shot a Glock?

Are you asking because of his comment regarding thumb position?

I've noticed shooting the glocks last several times to the range, the same thing. Grip is more inspiring high on the gun and my thumb is riding the slide release resulting in the slide failing to lock on the last round.

That is new to me as a shooter, none of my other guns encourage this kind of grip.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Glad for the assist. I just got my barrel back and waiting for the snakeskin cerakote to be finished on my VP9SK slide and grip panels. It's gonna look awesome!

It sounds great, make sure to post some pics when you get er finished up.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Are you asking because of his comment regarding thumb position?

I've noticed shooting the glocks last several times to the range, the same thing. Grip is more inspiring high on the gun and my thumb is riding the slide release resulting in the slide failing to lock on the last round.

That is new to me as a shooter, none of my other guns encourage this kind of grip.

I'm asking because people who prefer Glocks tend to be people who started with Glocks. My first handgun was a Ruger Blackhawk, which is why I prefer hammer guns over striker fire.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    I'm asking because people who prefer Glocks tend to be people who started with Glocks. My first handgun was a Ruger Blackhawk, which is why I prefer hammer guns over striker fire.

I started with probably 15 metal frame pistol's (1911s, cougar, 92/96s, revolvers and various C&Rs) before buying 2 h&k strikers followed by 3 glocks if that helps.

I prefer to shoot whatever feels right.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland

We do have our biases and preferences. I cut my handgunning teeth on two Rugers - a Security Six and a Super Blackhawk. Shot them both a couple times a week for years. I prefer hammer fired pistols not because of because my early hanmer fired experience but from the nonperformance taught to me by the striker fired M&P Pro9.
    Do I have a striker fired pistol..yes a Glock. Uninspiring ergonomics and striker fired but it works , no denying that.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    I should have posted on buying a LEO trade in glock for $325 and how to drastically change it for $30 and an hour of work and then compared that to the H&K.

This was certainly not meant to be a hammer versus striker thread, nor a H&K versus glock thread (heavily caveat'ed in the first post)

Only a thread to say how much potential a glock can have with investment and the ridiculously large aftermarket parts market for them.

But to the hammer point, I'll meet any board member with a hql at Fred's, hand them my eclipse target and G21, let the target talk.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    This was certainly not meant to be a hammer versus striker thread, nor a H&K versus glock thread (heavily caveat'ed in the first post)

Only a thread to say how much potential a glock can have with investment and the ridiculously large aftermarket parts market for them.

And in the end, you'll still have a Glock. And the big selling point of Glock is how reliable it is. Once you start putting aftermarket parts in, and some home gunsmithing, that reliability goes out the window.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    And in the end, you'll still have a Glock. And the big selling point of Glock is how reliable it is. Once you start putting aftermarket parts in, and some home gunsmithing, that reliability goes out the window.

I'd say 2000k rounds through the G21 and same through the G35 since modified. Not even 1 instance of a fail to feed or fail to eject. And since I went from 2.5 to 3lbs firing pin springs, not a single fail to fire.

The after market community for glock is good. There really isn't any home gunsmith to be done other than polishing. Everything is drop in.

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Glad for the assist. I just got my barrel back and waiting for the snakeskin cerakote to be finished on my VP9SK slide and grip panels. It's gonna look awesome!

Just got my VP9SK back from paint. Here are some quick preliminary pics (better ones to come that show better detail)

75311717_410420913232753_195506404507779072_n.jpg

75486103_517374625777773_6079931819904466944_n.jpg

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    Me thinks they were humoring you/busting your chops. As written, you claimed 2,000,000 rounds. (I understand the mistake, but it was funny nonetheless)

I know, my response was going for sarcastic humor.

Maybe im bad at it or lost on the web

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    You could have been fine with the number but thrown bs on the unintentional "k".

That's what I would have done.

I would have been fine with 20k. I see guys on a VP9 forum that compete with theirs and it's not uncommon for some to go through 1,000 rounds in a short period of time. Multiply that by a year or two and you can have some rather high numbers.

PorP

Mar 11, 2016
    I would have been fine with 20k. I see guys on a VP9 forum that compete with theirs and it's not uncommon for some to go through 1,000 rounds in a short period of time. Multiply that by a year or two and you can have some rather high numbers.

Not for me, all the glocks I bought were this year. I only shoot 10 - 15k a year across all my long and short guns.

The k was an error on my part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom