• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Back in early July 2012, MSP had completed ~38,000 applications (77R's). The end-of-year projection back then for 2012 was ~ 70,000 to 73,000 apps being processed. The ~62,000 as reported by that mentioned paper seems low. Makes me wonder if the number being reported by the rag is off by 10,000.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Back in early July 2012, MSP had completed ~38,000 applications (77R's). The end-of-year projection back then for 2012 was ~ 70,000 to 73,000 apps being processed. The ~62,000 as reported by that mentioned paper seems low. Makes me wonder if the number being reported by the rag is off by 10,000.

Considering they have a penchant for editorializing in their reporting, I wouldn't put it past them to do that, if only because they thought the larger number was too scary.

Yes, I think they're that dumb.

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Well I would love to be a new gun owner, however I am currently day 8 of the mandatory 7 day waiting period. I called my FFL and they have received no word from the MDSP and until he does, the rifle is not going anywhere. Annoyed, I called the licensing division of the MDSP to inquire about my application which led into a very interesting conversation, in the end when the trooper ran my SSN# I was not even into their system yet, meaning the processing has not begun I assume. I can already feel my application being stuck in limbo until the general assembly passes something, resulting in no black rifle for me. Advise or comments to easy my pain?

haoleboy

1/2 Banned
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 17, 2005
    Dentsville
    Funny how MD uses the NICS check like non-wait states but then tosses your app in a pile to wait the 7 days just for shits and giggles.
    I'd be willing to bet they are sitting on the apps to see if Naptown can pass a law that would allow them to Disapprove you.

It would also help if MD FFL's were not scared of retribution and backlash for allowing the release of a regulated firearm in the absence of the Not Disapproved stamp. :sad20:

USAFRavenR6

Apr 7, 2012
    Mur-land
    Funny how MD uses the NICS check like non-wait states but then tosses your app in a pile to wait the 7 days just for shits and giggles.
    I'd be willing to bet they are sitting on the apps to see if Naptown can pass a law that would allow them to Disapprove you.

It would also help if MD FFL's were not scared of retribution and backlash for allowing the release of a regulated firearm in the absence of the Not Disapproved stamp. :sad20:

I have no question that is what is going on with my purchase to be honest with you

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County

A licensed dealer CANNOT legally release a firearm without the NICS transaction number which only MSP can aquire on a regulated firearm. Both State AND Federal laws come into play here.

A private sale/transfer of a regulated firearm handled by the buyer and seller on their own through MSP doesn't require a NICS transaction number.

I have no question that is what is going on with my purchase to be honest with you

NOnono...

They do a REAL investigation during that time!!!!:innocent0

Actually there is a State background check performed by MSP. On rare occasions applicants have been dissapproved by MSP for the attempted purchase/application for a regulated firearm due to a few of the MD laws being more strict than Federal laws though the person (dissapproved applicant) can legally purchase and pass the NICS background check for a NON-regulated firearm but usually with a "DELAY" from NICS.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    A licensed dealer CANNOT legally release a firearm without the NICS transaction number which only MSP can aquire on a regulated firearm. Both State AND Federal laws come into play here.

A private sale/transfer of a regulated firearm handled by the buyer and seller on their own through MSP doesn't require a NICS transaction number.

Some people around here don't let facts and common sense get in the way of their posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom